It’s Tanja here, sharing the step-by-step tutorial for this sweet Easter card. Joset’s new collection contains three new Easter/Spring die sets, including the Little Chick that is featured in this project!
Step 1: Die Cutting
- Cut out chick and some eggs from white Soft Finish Cardstock with the help of the Little Chick die set
Step 2: Coloring
- Color the parts with Alcohol Markers
- Add shading and speckles with Distress Inks (I used Wild Honey, Dusty Concord, Hickory Smoke, Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers, Broken China) and highlights with a white gel pen
- Assemble the chick
Step 3: Create the Background
- Cut out a background panel using one of the Dashing Rectangles dies
- Cut another rectangle from green cardstock and turn it into a grass border using the Adventure Edges die set
- Add some clouds with the help of the Cloud and Grass Stencil, Distress Ink Tumbled Glass and a Mini Ink Blending Tool
Step 4: Final Steps
- Stamp the sentiment from the Spring Sentiments Stamp Set with Versafine Smokey Gray
- Adhere all the elements to the card panel
- Mount the panel onto a kraft cardbase
I hope this project inspired you to create your own!
Have a wonderful day.
Distress Ink (Wild Honey, Dusty Concord, Hickory Smoke, Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers, Broken China, Tumbled Glass)
Mini Ink Blending Tool
Versafine Smokey Gray