Hi everyone! I’m Joyce Schmidt. I have a funny story to share…
I have been moving into my new studio for what seems to be an eternity. I finally decided to get my craft on.
I decided on Sunflower from Susan’s Garden and the wood crate. I had just created the wooden crate to put Sunflowers in, looked down and my dog Jackson had literally EATEN it!!!!
I took a deep breath and decided to use this opportunity to start over?
This is what I created after “the dog attack”!
Here is how I did it.
- I started out by spritzing the white card-stock layer with the new distress oxide sprays. Then let it dry because the colors are darker when wet-luckily the brown lightened up.
- I die cut and RE-created the crate, once with Elizabeth Craft Designs double sided tape sheets and the other just plain brown paper. I adhered them together for thickness.
- Next, I made the Sunflower. To me, this is a great flower for a new person to paper gardening. It is easy to shape and even easier to assemble.
- After shaping the petals, I die cut 3 plates of the little stars (seeds) for the center out of brown card stock. I used my thicker more sturdy mat. This allowed me to use the small stylus and really shape those seeds.
- To finish, I layered the white on top of yellow and used a brown card base. Voila! One easy simple but beautiful card.
I think I might send this as a “thank you” card as my new Studio is finished!!!! I have had a lot of blessings and people who have helped us make this dream come true!
I hope you have enjoyed this card. It’s fun, EASY, and oh so beautiful!
Great card! I like the choice of colors it’s just right very realistic. I look forward to seeing your next project. Thank you for sharing.
I really liked the crate after the dog attack to make something that much different to give to a friend who has dogs and tell her the story. LOL
The card is wonderful. The background gives an earthy feel to the card.
No dog stories from here…but I too love sunflowers! I think u should have glued the dog eared piece onto the good crate…then when u send ur thank you card, u have a real human interest story to tell! And for sure it is a one of a kind card! Happy day! I look forward to ur next creation.
So beautiful Joyce. And good to see you’re human and that things like this happen to you too…lol. Glad you got you studio put together. My sewing/craft room is ALWAYS a work in progress.. Looking forward to what you design next.
Cute card. I don’t know what it is about Card stock and glue but my dog grabs it out of the trash every time she gets achance.