Fall is such a wonderful season! The colors are so gorgeous, it inspired me to make this simple card for someone really amazing… just as beautiful as Mother Nature!
Step 1: Card background
- Cut 12 X 6 inches yellow cardstock and fold in half (to make a 6 X 6 inches card).
- Cut a 5 3/4 X 5 3/4 inches square out of gold cardstock.
- Cut a 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 White Soft Finish cardstock 110 Lb.
Step 2: Stencil leaves
- On the white square piece, using the stencil S024-Leaf Snowflake, apply different colors of Distress Oxide on the right side of the square.
- Using a fine brown marker, draw some vein lines on each leaf.
Step 3: The leaves
- Using the Leafy Branch 2 – #1315 die set, die cut 3 times in a copper cardstock.
- With the same die, die cut one time on a White Soft Finish cardstock double with Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Sheet.
- Remove the release sheet and cover with some Orange Silk Microfine Glitters – #413. Polish well to remove excess glitters.
- Using the Pair Of Leaves 1 – #1314 die set, die cut each leaf in a gold cardstock.
- With the same dies, die cut each leaves one time on a White Soft Finish cardstock double with Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Sheet.
- Remove the release sheet and cover one leaf with some Orange Silk Microfine Glitters – #413, and the other one with some Light Gold Microfine Glitters – #644. Polish well to remove excess glitters on both leaves.
Step 4 : Water Can
- Out of White Soft Finish cardstock 110 Lb, die cut the water can, using the die set from Susan’s Garden collection, Garden Notes -Garden Water Can – #1647.
- Emboss the water can with some patina embossing powder.
Step 5: The sentiment
- Using the die set “Words 2 – Thinking of You” #1466, die cut the words “you’re” and “amazing” out of some gold cardstock.
The final touch!
- Using some Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape, adhere the gold cardstock on the card base, and adhere the white cardstock on the gold cardstock.
- Adhere the water can with some foam adhesive, and arrange the leaves using Kids Choice Glue to fix them in the right places.
- Glue the sentiment on the bottom of the water can.
Here’s an other look at the finish card:
I really hope you enjoyed this tutorial!
Other products used on this card:
Copper and gold cardstock
Brown fine point marker
Baked Texture Patina – Seth Apter