Hello everyone, Diane here to present you one of my Christmas cards. Christmas cards are my favorite to make and I hope you’ll enjoy this tutorial.
Step 1: Card base
- Cut 12 X 6 inches white cardstock and fold in half (to make a 6 X 6 inches card).
- Cut a 5 3/4 X 5 3/4 inches square out of gold cardstock.
- Cut a 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 blue cardstock.
- Adhere each layer on top of the other with some Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape .
Step 2: Background
- Using the Planner Essentials Dies #1610 – Planner Patterns die set, die cut the middle pattern (boxes shapes) in some gold cardstock and once in red cardstock. Keep all the little parts in the pattern.
- Put some Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back of every other row of the gold die cut. Remove all the pieces not covered with the tape (see picture below).
- Remove the tape and adhere on the card base.
- Leaving the first row empty, adhere some red pieces with some Kids Choice Glue on the next row. Repeat for the next two rows (see picture below).
Step 3 : Reindeer
- Using the #1681 Reindeer die set, die cut all the parts of the reindeer in colored cardstock.
- Also using this die set, die cut all the parts of the wreath in different colors of cardstock.
- Put together the reindeer and the wreath with some Kids Choice Glue as shown in the picture below.
- Put some accent glitters on the lights of the wreath.
- Put some googling eyes on the reindeer.
- Adhere the reindeer on the right side of the card with some foam adhesive tape.
Step 4: Christmas gifts
- Using the die set #1568 – Santa’s Sleigh, die cut 2 medium size gifts and one small gift using some green, red and yellow cardstock.
- Die cut the bows for each gift, alternating the colors.
- Using some Kids Choice Glue, assemble the gifts.
- Glue the gifts on the left side of the card.
Step 5: Sentiments
- Die cut the words ”happy” and ”holidays” out of the #1567 Words 5 – Winter Wishes die set into some red cardstock.
- Using some Kids Choice Glue, adhere the words on the top of the card.
Here you go, the card is finish! Thank you for your visit and I hope you have tons of fun making you own Christmas card!
Other products used:
- Gold mirror cardstock;
- Red, green, yellow, blue cardstock (Bazzill was used on this card);
- Nuvo – Glitter Drops – White Blizzard.