Hi! Diana here with one of my favorite dies to work with –– anything with butterflies! I love the color scheme I ended up with but purple is hard to photograph –– and glitter even more so! But this one is very pretty in real life so I hope you give it a try.
- I started with a light green sheet of cardstock measuring 4.5″ x 6.5″. I used Distress Oxides Lucky Clover and Cracked Pistachio to sponge around the edges and Squeezed Lemonade in the center to give it a sort of glow. I splattered with water and pat dry.
- Die cut the Butterfly Spray out of the top half of the colored cardstock and stamp the You were born with greatness in the bottom left corner of the sheet.
3. With a bigger sheet of purple cardstock, I marked the approximate area behind the butterfly spray and covered that part with double sided adhesive.
4. I then added a mix of Silk Microfine Glitter over the area. I initially wanted just the Amethyst but then lightened it with the Bright Cranberry and Silver Sands glitter. Rub in the glitter and use a Swiffer sheet to wipe off any excess.
5. Adhere the front to the purple sheet and trim if necessary. I then placed it all on a white card base.
Thanks so much for looking! I hope this card signals spring to come –– or 3 feet of snow. Nothing in between, thank you. 🙂
Other products used:
Distress Oxide inks, purple, and light green cardstock