Karen here today from Craftily Yours! It’s been VERY warm where I live in Northern California, so I wanted to cool down by creating a “cool” card using the FuN Sea Turtle die!
To recreate this card:
- Cut a cardbase by cutting an 8-1/2×11″ piece of Soft Finish Cardstock in two and folding one part in half.
- Cut a piece of dark blue cardstock at 4×5-1/4″ and a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock at 3-3/4×5″ to layer as the card front.
- Die cut the Sea Turtle from Soft Finish Cardstock and color with Copic markers: G12, G14, G16, YG11, YG13, YG17, C7, E41, E42. For the eye, add a couple spots with white gel pen.
- Assemble the turtle.
- On two pieces of Soft Finish Cardstock, color up backgrounds using Distress Oxides. (On one piece I used Wilted Violet, Mowed Lawn and Faded Jeans; on the other, I used Mowed Lawn, Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean.
- Die cut with the Stitched Circles Dies two sizes of the darker color. Also die cut another circle from the Fitted Circles Dies.
- Die cut the sentiment from the For You clear Stamps using the Diagonal Stitched Fishtails die. (As you can see, I didn’t use the “fishtail” part, but I wanted the faux stitching. As you can also see, I ended up using the piece right above it as I wanted a little less color for my sentiment…)
- Stamp, color and fussy cut a couple of the fun stars from the For You set and assemble the card.
I hope you enjoyed seeing my cool card today and hope that you are all well.
Craftily yours, Karen
Supplies from Elizabeth Craft Designs
Distress Oxides, dark blue cardstock, Copics, white gel pen