Karen here today. The Owl Die from Elizabeth Craft Designs is just too cute! He makes a great and fast Valentine’s Day card when paired with the Peek-A-Boo Love Dies!
To create this card:
- Cut a vertical card base from 90 lb White Soft Finish Card stock at 4-1/4″ x 11″ and fold in half.
- Cut a piece of the Worn Wood Paper at 4″x5-1/4″ for the card front.
- Die cut the Owl Die pieces from 90 lb White Soft Finish Cardstock. To make assembly easier, cut the tummy, nose, eye pieces and feet with 101mm Double Sided Adhesive on the back.
- Color the wings and tummy with Distress Oxide in Stormy Sky, the body, face and ears with Distress Ink in Tea Dye, and the outer part of the eye in Distress Ink in Antique Linen. Color the second layer of eyes with a light blue Copic maker and the inner part with Copic dark grey. The feet and nose are colored with Copic Orange.
- Cut the Love die from the Peek-a-Boo Love dies from Brown Cardstock and adhere to the card front.
- Die cut the “center” of the love die from the Mystical Winter Collection.
- Add the owl and a few diamond dots to the front of the card.
Don’t forget to save the inside of the O for the word “LOVE”!
Thanks for stopping by today!
Craftily yours, Karen
Supplies from Elizabeth Craft Designs
Brown Cardstock, inks, Copics, diamond dots