Hi all! Lisanne here again with a new box project. For this box I used a lot of dies from the Storybook Collection from Joset. I also used some other dies from Joset.
First I made a list for you with all the paper you use for the box. I worked with centimeters so pay attention here. The box is 12 cm wide and 20 high.
- Bottom 1x – Cardstock 12 x 12 cm
- Sides 4x – Cardstock 21 cm high x 13 cm wide
- Lid 1x – Cardstock 14,5 x 14,5 cm
- Bottom 1x – Design Paper 11,5 x 11,5 cm
- Sides 6x – Design Paper 19,5 cm high x 11,5 cm wide
- Lid 1x – Design Paper 12 x 12 cm
First I started with the sides. We need to make score lines into the paper so we have a small strip to adhere the parts. I made 2 score lines from 1 cm at 2 sides.
In the corner we need to trim a little piece, from both corners 1 cm. Like the foto above. When we adhere all the parts everthing will be fit perfectly.
Than we have one piece off the sides. In this part we want a frame so we can watch into the box. We make a line from the sides 1 cm. For the sides with the scoreline you measure from the scoreline.
Behind the piece with the window we adhere some acetate. At the solid sides we adhere design paper 19,5 cm high x 11,5 cm wide. At the outside I used the Worn Wood paper. For the Inside I made an own background with some Distress Oxide Salvaged Patina.
Then we adhere the tree sides at the bottom. I used Distress Ink Vintage Photo for all the edges. I also adhere the front side with the window, but only at the bottom. Now we can make the bottom green with a piece of paper from 11,5 x 11,5 cm. I made it green with Distress Oxide Mowed Lawn.
Now we can build up the box. First I made a hill with the Slimeline Adventure Edges. I trimmed a piece of papier 14 cm wide and make at both sides a scoreline from 1 cm. It is all up to you to decide how high the hill must be. I want the Castle from the Storybook Collection up the hill. You can make everything like you want. I coloured the Castle with Distress Oxide Ink and put there some Distress Embossing glaze at. Behind the Castle you see the Cherry Blossom Branch with some crows.
The next stamp is making some grass just as making the hill. I only did the grass a little bit shorter. In the right you can see the tree. I made a little scoreline in the tree so it gives more dimension.
Now it is time to make the characters. I made the princess and the knight. Aren’t they cute?
Here a picture to see how the box looks like from above.
At least the front side. I made a line with grass and a lot of flowers. In the left corner is a branch with also a lot of flowers. And at least the cute butterfly.
I’ll hope you like this post and get some ideas with the Storybook Collection.
Thanks for watching and reading!
Kind regards Lisanne
Other used supplies:
- Distress Ink: Vintage Photo, Fired Brick, Wild Honey, Black Soot, Ground Espresso, Forest Moss, Mustard Seed, Brushed Corduroy, Iced Spruce, Rustic Wilderness, Seedless Preserves, Shaded Lilac
- Distress Oxide Ink: Faded Jeans, Worn Lipstick, Tattered Rose, Seedless Preserves, Hickory Smoke, Saltwater Taffy, Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade, Salvaged Patina, Mowed Lawn
- Distress Embossing Glaze Walnut Stain and Hickory Smoke