Hello Kelly Booth here. I make several Christmas cards to send out every year so I need to keep them as simple as possible to get them all finished. The card I have to show you today could easily be duplicated and made as multiples.
Here is the card I will be doing today!
The card opens up to reveal a cute little Snowman!
1. Cut a piece of white cardstock 4″1/4″ by 10″ 1/2 and score at the center of the long side at 5″ 1/4″.
2. Place the Evergreen Pivot Card die on the scored fold, lining up the nubs on the die on the fold, and run through your die cutting machine.
3. Using the Snowflake Embossing Folder emboss each side of the card lining it up on the top and leaving an un-embossed edge at the bottom. See photo below:
4. With a piece of white cardstock about 4″ by 5″, cut 1 large, one medium and one small tree using the decorator dies found in the Evergreen Pivot Card set. Place the three trees in the snowflake embossing folder and emboss. Place the trees on each tree on the card using foam tape or pop dots for dimension.
5. Cut a strip of white cardstock 2″ 14″ by 10″ 1/2″ and two strips of Elizabeth Craft Designs’ Double Sided Adhesive the same size. Sandwich the piece of white cardstock between the ECD Double Sided Adhesive by removing the backing and adhering it to each side of the cardstock. Remove one side of the backing and pour Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter over it. Polish well with your fingers and shake off the excess. Fold this piece in the center so you know where your fold is.
6. Take the rolling hills die from the Outdoor Edges set and place on one side of the fold and run through your die cutting machine. See photo below:
7. Place the die on the opposite side so the cuts meet and run it through again. You should now have a thin rolling hills strip that has ECD Double Sided Adhesive on the back. Don’t get rid of the negative as you will be using this piece a little later.
8. Remove the adhesive backing and place this at the bottom of the inside of the card staying away from the Evergreen Tree cut out.
9. Take the negative side of the rolling hills and place it on the outside of the card in the same place. Trim off the excess.
10. Stamp Happy Holidays in Aqua on white cardstock. Using the large decorator die and stitched die from the Lorna Label Pop Up, cut out the sentiment so the label is a vertical shape. (Scroll back to see the photo of the front of the project.)
11. Stamp the inside sentiment in a small piece of white cardstock first using Aqua Ink for the wishing you a Merry and Bright, then stamp Christmas below in red. Cut this out using the same dies as used for Happy Holidays, but this time cut it so the label is a horizontal shape.
12. Using foam tape or pop dots place the Happy Holidays label on the front to the right of the tree. Again using foam tape or pop dots place the Merry & Bright greeting to the top right of the inside of the card.
13. Stamp, color and fussy cut the little snowman. Use foam tape or pop dots to adhere him to the lower right hand corner on the inside of the card.
14. Take two small scraps of white cardstock and add a piece of Elizabeth Craft Designs’ Double Sided Adhesive to the front and back of each piece. Remove one layer and on one pour over True Red Silk Microfine Glitter and on the other Solar Gold. Polish well with your fingers and tap off the excess.
15. Using the Red glittered scrap, die cut some ornaments using the ornament dies included in the Evergreen Pivot Card set. Remove the adhesive from the back of each ornament and place ornaments on the large Christmas tree.
16. Using the Gold piece, die cut four stars. Remove the adhesive backing and place one star at the top of each decorator tree (Important: Not the trees that pivot!). Place the 4th star in the hand of the little snowman.
Your card is now finished and ready to mail! Don’t hesitate to leave me a comment if you have any questions. Hope you have a great day and thank you for stopping by the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
Snowman Stamp (Paper Smooches)
Sentiments (Simon Says Stamp)
Foam Tape or Pop Dots
Die Cutting Machine