Hi, it’s Kelly Booth here to show you a simple and fun way to use Elizabeth Craft Designs Peel-offs and Shimmer Sheetz along with one of the new embossing folders for a Simple A2 card. I love the outline Peel-offs. They are so much fun to watercolor! I was inspired to make this card after coloring the beautiful Lotus Flower.
- Place one lotus flower and one bud on watercolor paper.
- Color with water-based markers. Use a water brush for blending the colors. (Option: Use watercolor pencils if you prefer)
- Fussy cut around the flowers.
- Cut white cardstock to 11” x 4.25” and fold in half to make an A2 top-fold card base. For the background cut a piece of Amethyst Gemstone Shimmer Sheetz 3.75” x 5”.
- Emboss Shimmer Sheetz with pattern shown (Trendy Tiles 2) or any allover repeat pattern. With a sanding block, lightly sand to reveal the silver core and create a 2-tone effect. Wipe with damp paper towel to remove the “dust”.
- Using the largest oval die and stitched line insert from the Accordion Oval Card set, die cut and emboss an oval from White Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz.
- Assemble card: Using double-sided adhesive sheet, adhere embossed Shimmer Sheetz to the card base. Using foam tape to add dimension, adhere the oval.
- Using more foam tape, adhere the flower and bud as shown in photo (stem of bud tucked behind the leaf).
- Die cut Thank You from cardstock covered with foil tape and adhere at bottom right. Add extra sparkle with Glitter Borders Peel-offs around the Shimmer Sheetz rectangle.
Have you tried the Elizabeth Craft Designs’ Peel-offs, Watercolor Paper and Shimmer Sheetz together? A perfect match – I’m so pleased with the results!
Hope you have a great day,
Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other – White cardstock, Tombow Dual Brush Markers, Big Shot, watercolor brush, foil tape, sanding block, scissors