Hi there, artlings! It’s Suzanne here today with a card that is easy to assemble yet has the clean and simple look that makes it stand out in a crowd.
One of the members of the Quietfire Design team was married this week, so to celebrate, we’ve been sharing all sorts of projects using the new lovey-dovey A Way With Word dies! Cherish, Forever, Always, Mr and Mrs and the Calligraphic Elements were designed with weddings, anniversaries and newborns in mind.
Our newlywed shared that she was going with white and grey (or silver) on the big day, so this card evolved in my creative space! I dropped in a hint of pink and I just love how it turned out.
- Create a 6.5 x 4” tent-fold card base from White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Cut one Always from White and one from Silver Gray cardstock SFC. Cut two flourished hearts (from Calligraphic Elements 2) from White and two from Silver Gray cardstock. Layer and adhere these pairs together so the Silver Gray is beneath the White and slightly offset to create a drop shadow effect.
- Cut three rectangular panels measuring 5.25 x 3” from white, pink and gray cardstock. Die cut the Agatha Edges die along the wide edge of the pink cardstock. The point of the die can rest right against the edge of the panel. Similarly cut the white cardstock, but offset the point about ¼” from the edge of panel.
- Stack the panels as shown, with bottom edges aligned and attach to the center of the card front using Clear Double Sided Tape.
- Adhere Always to the card front as shown.
- Gently roll the hearts with your fingers. We’re going to make a little “basket” which appears to hold the Always panel on the card, so we need a little shape to the hearts. Place three Glue Dots on the back of each flourished heart, one at the point and one on each outer flourish. Press the point in place, just off the edge of the panel. Now press the other two glue dots in place so the heart has a dimensional curve. Repeat with the other side.
That’s it! Add a sentiment on the inside and you’re done!
Designer Tips: Choose your card colours in the same palette as the wedding party. (Or stick with White – it always works!) You can substitute Forever for Always.
Thanks for taking a look!
Bazzill Cardstock – Tutu Pink