Angela here! Well, it’s definitely that time of year again when lots of us are busy with cards and shopping and decorating. At least getting Christmas cards together is made much easier with all the wonderful dies and stamps provided by Elizabeth Craft Designs. There are so many possibilities!
This time I’ve decided to use dies from Suzanne Cannon’s dies. I’ve used the tree from A Way With Words, Flourished Christmas Minis 2 as well as A Way With Words, Cheers. By cutting them from 2 different papers and using the negative spaces, I’ve been able to get two different cards!
Here’s how I did it:
- Cut and fold a 10 x 7 inch piece of 110lb Soft Finish cardstock to create a 5×7 inch card base.
- Cut a 4.75 x 6.75 piece of background paper. I used red.
- Cut 2 pieces of gold mirror paper, one of them to 7 x 2.75 inches, the other to 7 x 2.5 inches. Back this second one with double sided adhesive.
- Cut 1 piece of the same background colour as earlier, to 7 x 2.25 inches
- Cut 1 piece of Soft Finish cardstock to 7 x 2.5 inches. Back this with double sided adhesive.
- From the white strip cut 3 trees. I centered the first one then cut one on either side. Do the same from the smaller of the gold pieces (the one backed with adhesive).
- To assemble the card, adhere the background piece to the card base,
- Adhere the wider gold piece to the bottom section of the card.
- Adhere the white die cut strip to the narrower red piece and adhere this to the card front.
- Inlay the gold trees into the cut-outs on the white piece.
- From another piece of gold mirror paper 5 x 1.5 inches, backed with double sided adhesive, cut the Cheers dies. Adhere to the upper half of the card.
- There you have it. And of course, you now have the remaining white trees and gold cut out piece to create a second card!
Hope you enjoyed my project!