Hi crafters! It’s Fran from Karen Burniston’s Design team for another Pop It Ups Wednesday. Today I’m going to show you a shaker card with Hoppy the Frog Pop It Up.
Hi! It’s Fran Sabad and I’m excited to share with you a cute idea using Karen Burniston’s Gift Card Accordion with Chilly the Penguin.
Here is the card in the closed position:
And here it is opened up:
- Use the Gift Card Accordion Die cut to cut the following pieces:
- (2) full pages from sturdy red cardstock
- (2) pieces from patterned paper, using the paper over the inner rectangle only. Trim to just the rectangles and glue the patterned paper rectangles over the red cardstock pages, taking care to line up the tuck slots on Page 2 perfectly to be able to add a gift card later.
- Use the companion Flourish Gift Frame die set to die cut 3 white Flourish Frames. Adhere the frames to the pages, including one for the front of the album when closed.
- Assemble the Gift Card Accordion according to the package directions or by watching Karen’s assembly video here: Gift Card Accordion
- Die cut Chilly the Penguin using white, black and orange cardstock and assemble him. Make slits between his body and arms. Using gold thread, wrap Chilly as shown.
- Die cut the string of Christmas lights from the Holiday House die set four times (1 set each in red, blue, green and yellow) and trim into individual bulbs. For the bulbs that are adhered to Chilly, simply glue them over the thread. For any bulbs that are hanging off of Chilly, sandwich the thread between two bulbs adhered back-to-back
- Die cut the largest decorator tree from the Evergreen Pivot Card set and sponge green ink through the die to create the swirl pattern, Adhere the tree to the page with a pop dot and add a glitter star.
- Stamp “Santa Says” in green and “Shop!” in red using the Merry & Bright clear stamps. Die cut the circle and add to the page.
- Die cut 4 presents and bows using the Evergreen Pivot Card set – one each in yellow, red, green and blue. Assemble the presents and adhere them to Page 2, being careful not to cover the tuck slots that will hold the gift card.
Add your gift card and make someone smile! Hope you’ve enjoyed today’s project!
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
- (1095) Gift Card Accordion
- (1096) Flourish Gift Frame
- (912) Evergreen Pivot Card
- (918) Holiday House
- (908) Chilly the Penguin
- (CS003) Merry & Bright Clear Stamps
- Cardstock in red, white, blue, green, yellow and orange
- Glittered star embellishment
- Gold thread
- Acrylic block, red and green ink
- Coordinating patterned paper
Hi! It’s Fran Sabad from the Karen Burniston Design Team ready to share a fun Rectangle Accordion Album .
My favorite part about Halloween is that there are no “rules” to decorating. Sequins, cobwebs, princesses and ghouls – all go together to create some spooky fun! This Pop It Ups Rectangle Accordion card is a perfect example of “everything goes!” I started with three accordion panels in gray card stock and the Katie Star Frame Edges and Katie Flourish Frame Edges in black. I stamped the Hedgehog Daisy Halloween stamp set on gray and colored it with Copic markers.(W7, W5. W3,W1 and W00) Then I added some washi tape, sequins, and black glitter stars along with a glitter banner and big jewel.
Here it is open. Each panel has it’s own character. I used the Katie Flourish Frame Edges on the middle page and the Katie Stars on the two outer pages and on the front of the album.
The vampire has white chalk marker on the lantern, cummerbund, and bow tie and the witch has the same marker on her scarf.
The Rectangle Accordion makes scenes come together in such a fun way! For matting each image, I also mixed in the matting dies from the Rectangle Pull card. Both sets of decorator rectangle dies work together and don’t duplicate! Perfect!
For a video tutorial on assembling the Accordion albums, watch Karen’s video.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies
- Rectangle Accordion
- Katie Stars Frame Edges
- Katie Flourish Frame Edges
- Rectangle Pull Card (decorator rectangles)
- Hedgehog Daisy Halloween Clear Stamps
Stampin’ Up! Gray and Black cardstock, ink, washi tape, jewels, sequins and white chalk marker.
Hi friends! It’s Fran Sabad here to get you thinking about a Pop It Ups Halloween. This card will feature the Rectangular Pull Card die, Poppy the Owl and Props 1.
1. Cut a piece of black card stock 5 1/2″ x 7 1/4″ and fold it in half to create your base.
2. Cut 2 pieces of Halloween paper 3 3/8″ x 5 1/4″ and adhere to the inside.
3. Place your Rectangular Pull Card die, matching the alignment tab, and cut out.
4. Die cut and assemble Poppy the Owl making him as cute or scary as you’d like. Die cut 2 All Seasons Trees from black card stock. Cut two 2″ circles from white or vanilla.
5. Trim off most of the branches from the trees (do them at the same time so they match) and adhere one to the front of the card to create a branch. Add the circle as the moon and place Poppy on the branch.
6. Make 5 “bats” from the bow tie die in Props 2. Die cut the bow ties and use a hand held punch to punch the bottom of the wings. Karen also has a little tutorial on creating bats from Cocoa the Horse’s hair!
7. Match up the second branch to the inside left of your card. Adhere a moon to the spinner on the inside and decorate with bats and die cut words using Alphabet 1 or Peel Off stickers!
The finished card is A2 size. Cute or scary, it’s fun! Hugs, Fran
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies
Happy Pop It Ups Wednesday! It’s Fran Sabad here, sharing an Anniversary card using some of my favorite dies. There’s always a reason to share love!
This card features the Katie Label Pivot die and the beautiful Paris Edges paired up with the Lots of Owls Peel-Off Stickers in all their glittery wonder.
1. Cut a piece of white cardstock 5 1/2″ x 11″. Score in half at 5 1/2″. Mark the center of both short sides at 2 3/4.”
2. Line up the center of the Paris Edges die on one short side, centering it with the mark you made, and die cut. Repeat on the other side. (NOTE – the Pivot card die in the picture below is to show how the measurement works. DO NOT die cut the pivot card at this point!)
3. Cut 2 pieces of patterned paper 5 1/2″ x 7 1/2″. On the front of the card, adhere the paper permanently. On the inside, use removable adhesive to adhere the paper. Line up the Katie Label Pivot die in the center and die cut. Remove the inside patterned paper, cut off the label area and readhere the patterned paper to the inside.
4. Use the Lots of Owls Peel Off Stickers, Transparent Double Sided Tape Sheet, Cool Diamond Microfine Glitter and Copic Markers to color the owls. Els has a great tutorial on how to do this here.
5. Fussy cut the Owls and adhere to the front of the card.
6. Die cut both layering pieces from the Katie Label Pivot die set and add the sentiment using the Assorted Words Peel Off Sticker.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Products
Stampin Up paper – Whisper White, English Cottage
This card could easily be used for any other theme by simply swapping out the greeting. I hope you’ve enjoyed the tutorial and feel inspired to make your own Katie Label Owls in Love card.