Hello Friends and welcome! It is Karan here to share a project I designed using the new Sidekick Release. For those who know how much I love albums, I also love to create mini albums too.
This one is designed using the Seed Packet Die from Sidekick Essentials 16.
To begin with I cut the seed pack out five times using paper from 49 and Market. I cut vellum to go on the inside of the packet for the window. I cut out extras thinking I might make the album larger but ended up going with 5 packets instead of 8.
Then I assembled them.
I then cut the side panel from the same sidekick set and created the pages and continued to decorate them. I love tags and cut out a tag for each page just as an added layer and photo mat for some of my photos. This tag was cut from Planner Essentials 2, which I also cut to go inside each opening of the Seed Packet page. I am going to share images from this little mini and then add the dies I used below. Hope you enjoy this mini project.
And then details for the cover:
I cut doubles for the large floral and the medium size floral for the cover, two sets of leaves and then I used the skeleton leaf from the Sidekick Essential 16 set. Ii love how the florals shape so beautifully.
I hope that I inspired you to create a mini album using this Seed Pocket Set. It makes a perfect little mini album.
Hello friends and welcome! It is Karan here. Today I am sharing a layout with you. Hubby has been up north tending to our build and sent me a couple photos. I really wanted to scrapbook them so I came up with this.
I began by giving the main paper a trim down to 11.75 x 11.75 and I white washed it with paper paste mixed with a bit of gesso.
I die cut the fitted rectangles in the largest side and then cut three frames from this chipboard to give the frame extra strength. I then added gesso to the frame, added dabs of Allegro Indiano paint and dabbed that with Paper Texture paste. The result is amazing!
I die cut 8 large florals from florals 7, and 8 medium using the Soft Finish Cardstock and colored with Speckled Egg distress ink in the middle. I also colored the foam bud to match.
Sfter shaping and adding the stamens, I added snow paste to the flowers.
The leaves I got a great texture on them by adding a bit more shaping to the tips of the leaves. I colored these with Vintage Photo and Speckled Egg distress ink. I love how they turned out.
I really wanted to frame the photo of our driveway up north so I set the flowers in corners of the frame.
I hope you enjoyed my inspiration today. I would love to see your take on your winter photos.
Elizabeth Craft Designs products used:
Other products used: Snow Paste; Dusty Attic Chipboard; Speckled Egg and Vintage Photo Distress Ink
It is Karan here to share a project with you and today I am sharing a card i designed using the new Volume II Floral die collection
The card measures 6.5 in. x 7 in. its final measurement, cut papers to fit that size
These dies are amazing to work with, cut like butter and using the Soft Petal cardstock to cut color and mold these flowers make it super easy to create any flower from the collection
To start off with we will need to cut three sets of each die from the soft petal cardstock and then being to color. For the flowers, color the outside side of the flowers using Red Geranium Archival Ink adding Leaf Green in the middle.
I cut some smaller flowers from Florals 7 and left them white adding a small pale yellow stamen to the center.
for the Leaves, i used Leaf Green Archival Ink and colored them leaving a bit of white for highlight
The square in the center of the card, i placed a square of adhesive ( 5×5 ) and covered it with cool Diamond Glitter making sure i burnished after shaking off the excess glitter. After matting this on white cardstock i colored some seam binding and wrapped it around the card.
I inserted some stamens in the smaller flowers coloring them with Leaf green
I created two roses from and two smaller flowers to add more dimension to my card. I cut out a stitched fishtail on white cardstock using the second to smallest die and then stamped a sentiment using black archival ink.. and here is my final project