Happy Saturday, everyone! It’s Shelly with you today to share a pretty, French-inspired Christmas card using a variety Pop it Ups dies. One of the things I love about Pop it Ups is how easy they are to mix and match. One of my favorites is the Lots of Pops dies – there are so many ways you can use it!
How gorgeous is that glittery Eiffel Tower?! I love how well it pairs with the Lots of Pops accessories, and of course, with the Paris Edges die set. While this card might look complicated, it’s actually quite simple. Here’s how I made it:
1. Begin by cutting a 12″ x 5″ piece of cardstock. Crease down the center, then cut the pop up element with the Lots of Pops die. Because I wanted a contrasting paper on the back, I cut another piece of paper to 6″ x 5″ and cut the bottom edge with the Lots of Pops die, aligning the center points with the bottom edge of the cardstock. Trim to fit around the pop-up, then train the folds and adhere the contrasting paper to the top. Cut the top edge using one of the edge dies from the Agatha Edges die set (not shown).
2. Apply Elizabeth Craft Designs Double Sided Adhesive to a piece of beige cardstock, leaving the release paper adhered on one side. With the release paper side up, die cut the Eiffel Tower. Remove release paper and cover adhesive with Champagne Gold Silk Microfine Glitter. Polish with your finger and tap to remove excess. Set aside.
3. Cut the elements for the inside of the card using the dies shown above. The banners and pole are included in the Lots of Pops die set, the fleur de lis border is from the Paris Edges die set, and the flourish is from the Agatha Edges set.
4. Adhere the banner poles to the narrow pop-up ledge on either side of the main pop-up element. Glue the banners to a length of baker’s twine and tie to top of poles. Add red adhesive pearls to the Eiffel Tower as shown and adhere the tower to the main pop-up. Adhere the red flourish to the top of the card as shown, trimming to fit if necessary (I didn’t want the text on the paper to be hidden by the flourish).
5. Create a pocket on the lower half of the card by applying glue to the outer edges of the fleur de lis Paris Edges border, leaving the top edge open, and adhere to card. Cut elements from decorative paper and insert into pocket. Glue lace trim to top. Note – I also added a small fleur de lis cut from glitter paper to the small pop-up as seen above.
6. To complete the card, cut a backing piece from coordinating cardstock measuring 6″ x 5″ and score at 2.5″. Adhere to card, being sure to avoid getting adhesive on the pop-up mechanism. Embellish with ribbon and a length of lace and your card is complete! The completed card is a top fold 5″ x 6″ card that can be mailed in an A7 (5×7) envelope.
I hope my tutorial has inspired you to mix and match your dies in new and interesting ways. Even though this card is a Christmas theme, all you need to do is change out the paper and you can make it work for any occasion – a special birthday, bon voyage, anniversary…the possibilities are only limited by your imagination!
LIMITED EDITION “BUY IT ALL” – save over 20% on a bundle of the four Pop it Ups dies used for this card. Click HERE.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
- My Mind’s Eye Joyous Paper Collection
- Green and Red Cardstock
- Red Glitter Paper
- White Seam Binding
- White Lace Trim
- Red Pearl Dots
- Baker’s Twine