Babies – ah, I love them! And I love celebrating the arrival of a new bundle of hope, possibility and dreams. Now that I am out of the baby stage myself, I would actually have time to put together a cute little shower for a mom-to-be. There are so many designs you could make for a baby shower with the A Way With Words die sets. I went with the onesies because I just love those – especially since I love squeezing those baby thunder thighs! This set showcases an example of a card for the mom-to-be, the invitations and then also a little gift box. Read on how you can quickly put together a set yourself.
- Die cut onesies from nursery themed cardstock 3 for each invitation and one for each goodie box, plus 3 for the mom-to-be card. (Shown: scrapbook papers from long ago, DCWV.)
- Prepare a white A2 tent-fold card base for each invitation and mom card.
- For the mom-to-be card, die-cut Congratulations from blue cardstock. Cut a .25″ x 5.5″ strip from the same blue cardstock.
- Cut 2.5″ x 5.5″ teal cardstock strips.
- Adhere the strips as seen in the photo below.
- Arrange the onesies onto the teal strip. Add Nuvo Drops around the onesies as well as on the white cardstock just below. (Extending the dots this way ties everything together.) Allow to dry. Adhere ‘Congratulations’ to complete the card. Option: Add a small heart to each onesie.
7. For the invitations, stamp “We welcome your presence” from the Please Join Us stamp set.
8. Use the same strips of cardstock to create stripes, or add another one as shown below for the invitations. Create different combinations for the onesies and stripes to use what you have on hand. (My personal goal lately has been to use up scraps!) Finish with Nuvo Drops. Option: Add small hearts to the onesies.
9. The Gable Box also gets a onesie, a heart, and some Nuvo Drops.
I hope this inspires you to create sets for any kind of shower. Simply change the motif on the invitations, card and gift boxes from a onesie to something appropriate for the occasion. Using the same elements on everything sets the theme – you can make a complete set for any party you desire!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Teal and blue cardstock