It’s my turn to post a tutorial on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog today. Today I have created a birthday card using the new Turtle die from the Joset Designs Collection.
Here’s how I created my card:
Creating the card base –
1. Cut a piece of True Green Soft Finish Cardstock so it measures 11 inches x 4 1/4 inches. Score along the 11 inch side at 51/2 inches and fold.
- Cut a piece of designer paper 4 1/4 inches x 5 1/2 inches. Using the wavy border from the Outdoor Edges die set, position the border so it is at a slight angle as per photo above. Run through die cutting machine.
- Cut a piece of Brick Red Soft Finish Cardstock so that is it approx 4 3/4 inches x 1 1/2 inches. Place the border die we used on the designer paper on the card and run through die cutting machine.
- Attach the designer paper panel to the Brick Red Card border so that a small amount of the Brick Red Card shows through. (Refer to photo above)
- Adhere the designer paper panel to the folded green card as per photo above.
- (1) Solid Turtle Body from White Soft Finish Cardstock
- (1) Outline Turtle Body from White Soft Finish Cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back)
- Sponge the Outline Turtle Body using Peeled Paint Distress Ink
- Sponge the Solid Turtle Body using Tea Dye Distress Ink on the lower part of the turtles back; and Shabby Shutters Distress Ink and Peeled Paint Distress Ink around the edges.
- Adhere the Outline Body to the Solid Body.
- Attach the Turtle to the lower left hand sided of the card using foam tape (Refer to photo above of placement).
- Adhere to the the lower right hand side of the green panel of the folded card (Refer to photo above for placement).
4. The Inside of the Card:
- Using the left over pieces of Designer Paper and Brick Red Soft Finish Cardstock from creating the card front. Layer the Designer Paper onto the Brick Red Soft Finish Cardstock so that a small amount of Brick Red Cardstock is showing.
- Using the Seaweed die set, die cut two of the Coral dies from White Soft Finish Cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back. Sponge the Coral pieces using Dried Marigold and Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink.
- Position the Coral pieces to the bottom of the inside of the white card using photo above for placement.
- Adhere the Designer Paper Panel to the bottom of the card so they overlap the Coral pieces.
- Using the A Way with Words Happy Birthday 2 die set, die cut from True Green Soft Finish Cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back. Adhere sentiment to top portion of card.
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Designer Paper – Graphic 45 Steampunk Splash 12 x 12 Designer Paper
Inks – Tea Dye Distress Ink; Shabby Shutters Distress Ink; Peeled Paint Distress Ink; Dried Marigold Distress Ink; Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink
Die Cutting Machine