I always enjoy stretching my stamps by using non-holiday stamps for holiday cards, mixing them with some holiday-themed accessories. For this card, I have combined flowers from the Laundry Party Clear Stamps with Easter eggs from the Spring Sentiments Clear Stamps set to create a bright and colorful Easter greeting. Here’s how I made the card:
- Stamp the row of flowers from the Laundry Party stamps and the 2 Easter egg stamps (1 single egg, 1 with 2 eggs) from the Spring Sentiments stamps in permanent black ink onto watercolor-friendly white cardstock. Color with the watercolor markers of choice. Shown: Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and Nuvo Aqua Flow Markers. (NOTE: No need to color the small flower that is third from the right end as it will be covered by the eggs.) Add glitter and gloss drops to the flowers and eggs, if desired. Once dry, die cut the flowers into a square using the 4th smallest square from the ModaScrap Dashing Squares die set. Fussy cut the Easter eggs with scissors, leaving no white border.
- Use a craft knife with a fresh sharp blade to carefully cut along the lower left edge of the last flower on the right end of the flower row; tuck the 2 egg stamped image under it slightly. If any part of the third flower remains visible, cover it with a white paint pen. Use the craft knife to carefully cut along the right edge of the first flower at the left end of the row. Glue the single egg tucked just behind the flower as shown (at an angle). NOTE: To disguise the cuts, it may be helpful to carefully edge the cut sections of the flowers with a black marker before gluing the eggs in place, particularly if the craft knife is not super sharp.
- Using the words ‘happy’ and ‘easter’ from the Words 3 Happy Holidays die set, cut 1 of each word from Rich Black and Buttercream Soft Finish Cardstock. Add Mustard Seed Distress Ink along the edges of each Buttercream word for dimension. Using liquid glue, adhere the Buttercream words on top of their Rich Black counterpart, offsetting slightly below and to the left of the Buttercream words to create a shadow. Set aside to dry.
- Create an A2-sized top folding card base by cutting a piece of 100 lb. White Soft Finish Cardstock to 4 ¼” x 11” and folding in half. Cut a piece of the purple polka dot paper from the ModaScrap Thinking About Rio de Janeiro 12” x 12” paper pack to 4 ¼” x 5 ½”. Die cut a piece of Rosebud Soft Finish cardstock using the 5th smallest Dotted Scallop Square die to layer behind the stamped flower square. Assemble the card by adhering the purple polka dotted paper to the front of the card base using 10 mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape. Layer the flower square on top of the Rosebud square also using 10 mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape. Adhere a piece of white craft foam to the back of the Rosebud square. Center toward the top of the card base using 10 mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape. (Border at the top and sides measure the same distance.) Adhere the words ‘happy’ and ‘easter’ words as shown in the photo below.
- To complete the card, adhere a strip of 3 mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape along each vertical side of the card, about 1/8” in from the edge. Press in place and cut off any tape that may overhang the top and bottom edges. Remove the release sheet from one strip of tape to expose the adhesive. Working over scrap paper or a coffee filter, cover adhesive with Soft Green Silk Microfine Glitter. Brush off excess. Tap off the excess glitter and polish the glitter into the tape to bring out the maximum sparkle. Repeat on the second side. Pour any excess glitter back into the jar. Enjoy!
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
Permanent Black Ink
White Glaze or Paint Pen
Mustard Seed Distress Ink
Glitter and Gloss Drops
White Craft Foam