It’s Joset here today with another project using my favorite Gingerbread Man. I used this die in combination with the windmills from the Lollypop die set and Silk Microfine Glitter for the background. I created a stencil with the leftover release sheet from the Clear Double Sided Adhesive. Let me show you how I created the background and decorated the card.
- Cut a piece of red cardstock 5.5″ x 8.5″. Score at 4.25″ and fold in half to create your card base.
- Adhere a piece of Clear Double Sided Adhesive 5.5″ x 4.25″ to a piece of white cardstock the same size.
- Remove your second release sheet and save this one as we’re going to make a stencil to create the windmill patterned background. Put your cardstock with the exposed adhesive aside. Cut windmills in your release sheet using the windmill-looking die from the Lollypop set. Save die cut windmills as you can use these later as masks for another background.
- Place your stencil on top of the cardstock with the exposed adhesive. Make sure the stencil is adhered well so no glitter can creep underneath! (Cover with an extra piece of release sheet to protect it from your fingers when burnishing it in place.)
5. Sprinkle True Red Silk Microfine Glitter on top of the exposed adhesive. Tip: Sprinkle on top of a coffee filter so the glitter won’t go everywhere. Brush off excess glitter and polish glitter with your fingertip to bring out maximum sparkle. Pour extra glitter back into the jar with the help of your coffee filter.
6. Remove your stencil, then sprinkle Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter on top of the rest of the adhesive. Brush off excess glitter and return it to to he jar, but do not polish your glitter this time as it could get contaminated with your red glitter. For more info on how to create glitter backgrounds using stencils, watch the following YouTube video by Els HERE.
8. Cut Gingerbread Man pieces and Candy Cane from White Soft Finish Cardstock. Color with Distress Inks and assemble.
9. Cut one Stitched Rectangle from White Soft Finish Cardstock. Stamp sentiment with black ink. Edge with green. Adhere sentiment to card front as shown.
10. Adhere Gingerbread Man and Candy Cane.
I hope that you enjoyed creating this Gingerbread Man Christmas Card today.
Elziabeth Craft Designs –
Lollypop (for windmill die)
Cardstock: Red and White
Mini Ink Blending Tool Round
Acrylic block for temporarily mounting the stamp