Sympathy cards are some of the hardest cards for me to make. And ones for our beloved pets are just as difficult! I don’t know about you but I struggle with the right level of “fussiness” on a card for such a difficult time. So as always, when in doubt, I go for clean and simple. The Paws and Hearts die (it was available as a stencil before) added just the right amount of detail below. It made me think of how their paw prints make a lasting impression on our hearts. Read on to find how I made this pet sympathy card.
- Trim white card stock to 4″ x 5.25″.
- Die Cut the Paw Prints across the top half of the white cardstock.
- Flip over and add foam tape to the back of this white base layer.
- Adhere to a dark gray card base.
- Die cut “With Sympathy” out of light gray card stock.
- Adhere to bottom of card.
- Die cut “Hearts” out of red card stock and choose your favorite shapes of the heart.
- Adhere to front near the paws and add a layer of Crystal Effects or Glossy Accents to the heart for added dimension and pop.
I hope this simple but heartfelt card design can help you create some of those more difficult but just as important cards. As mom to two fur babies, I know how much our pets mean to us.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Crystal Effects Glossy Accent
White, light gray and dark gray card stock