Hi there! It’s Marsha today with my first project featuring the exciting new Els van de Burgt Studio and Joset Design die sets!
Last week my mom and I went to the theatre to see a Dutch celebrity perform some of his songs. One of his greatest hits is ‘Vlieg met me mee’, a parody of a Eurovision Song Contest song.
The main lyric translates as: ‘Fly with me to the rainbow’. It’s a silly, humorous, sing-along (love) song that brings back happy memories for me and it’s the main inspiration for this shadow box frame!
Here are the steps to create something similar:
1. Cut a sheet of Soft Finish Cardstock to the size of your extra deep edge frame (my frame was 6.3″) to use as the mat. Use the largest Fitted Circle to create a window in the middle of it.
2. Die-cut the Hot Air Balloon and the Rainbow Sky parts out of coloured cardstock.
3. Use one or two of the chains and/or ropes from the Chains 1 and Ropes 1 die-sets to create the landscape. I cut two scraps of green cardstock to approximately 3″ x 6″ and used the chain/rope dies to cut each scrap down the middle.
4. Ink the die-cut edges of the four pieces with Distress Ink.
5. Cut a sheet of light blue paper to the size of your frame. Adhere the green scraps in an overlapping way to create the landscape.
Notice that in the photo my light blue paper and the green paper don’t exactly match up. This is not a problem, as this ‘shortage’ will be covered by the circle mat later on!
6. Assemble all die-cuts and use Clear Double Sided Adhesive and foam tape to adhere them to the scene.
7. Add the mat and the scene to the extra deep edge frame.
Mine came with a spacer to separate the mat from the image, but you can achieve something similar by adding craft foam or foam tape to the back of the white mat.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
1115 Fitted Frames 5 – Lace Circles (coming soon)
1117 Fitted Circles (coming soon)
1125 Ropes 1 (coming soon)
1126 Chains 1 (coming soon)
1150 Hot Air Balloons (coming soon)
1151 Rainbow Sky (coming soon)
PSF102 Soft Finish Cardstock 100Lb
Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape
Extra deep frame (mine came from a local discount store and is 6.3″)
Cardstock (red, orange, yellow, green, light blue, blue, dark blue, purple, brown)
Distress Ink (Fossilized Amber, Shabby Shutters, Tumbled Glass)