Hi There!! It’s Elena here today with a beautiful floral card. I am in love with the new flower stamp sets and just had to make a card with a bouquet on it. Maybe it’s all the cold weather lately, but I needed some flowers to cheer me up and make me think of spring so I couldn’t resist combining the stamp sets into one lovely arrangement.
Here’s how I made the card:
- Stamp the large-petaled flower, 3 leaves and 2 of the smaller flowers from the Spring Blooms Stamp Set and 2 of the flowered vines from the Flower Power stamp set along with the greeting from the Dreams Sentiments Stamp Set in permanent black ink on to white cardstock. Since I was using Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and water to color, I used Bristol Smooth paper but you can use whatever paper works with your markers. Color the flowers as desired. Use a black Glaze (dimensional ink) pen to trace the stamens on the large flower and purple flowers. Use a white gel pen to add dots to the centers of the pink flowers on the vines. Using a silver metallic marker, trace over the thicker parts of the letters in the word “dreams” from the greeting.
- Die cut the stamped and colored images using the matching Spring Blooms and Flower Power die sets. Cut the greeting into an angled banner shape as shown in the photo. Cut a white piece of 100 lb. White Soft Finish Cardstock to 5 ½” x 11” and fold in the middle to create an A2 side-fold card base. Die cut a piece of Olive Twist Soft Finish Cardstock using the second largest die from the Stitched Rectangles set. Die cut a piece of Dusky Lavender Soft Finish Cardstock using the second largest die from the Fitted Rectangles set. Find some metallic embroidery floss to use as an accent; I used silver.
- Adhere the Olive Twist cardstock piece to the front of the white card base using 10 mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape, leaving a 1/8” border of white all the way around the olive piece. Also using 10 mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape, adhere the Dusky Lavender piece on top of the olive piece, just inside the stitching holes on the olive piece. Wind the metallic floss around your fingers a couple of times to create a loose circle with frayed ends on either side. Adhere to the lavender panel in the upper left using glue dots. Create another floss circle and adhere in the upper right of the lavender panel. Add additional floss pieces here and there as you like so they will stick out from behind the floral arrangement.
- Using 3 mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape, adhere the die cut flower pieces and leaves as shown in the photo. You will need to cut one small purple blossom off of one of the purple flowers to use in the upper right with a leaf. You may also need to trim some of the vine flowers off so they fit easily into the arrangement. Because the tape will not entirely cover the backs of the flowers, the arrangement will have some dimension here and there where the flowers are not entirely adhered to the card backing. Add dimension to the greeting using foam tape; adhere across the flowers in the lower left side of the card. Add sequins and clear droplets around the edges of the floral arrangements using a liquid glue. Once dry, enjoy your card!!
Elizabeth Craft Designs Products Used:
- Spring Blooms Stamp Set
- Spring Blooms Die Set
- Flower Power Stamp Set
- Flower Power Die Set
- Dream Sentiments Stamp Set
- Stitched Rectangles Die Set
- Fitted Rectangles Die Set
- 100 lb. Soft Finish White Cardstock
- Olive Twist Soft Finish Cardstock
- Dusky Lavender Soft Finish Cardstock
- 10 mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape
- 3 mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape
- Limited Edition Pink/Silver Fine Pointed Tweezers
- Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers
- Bristol Smooth Cardstock
- Clear Droplets
- Liquid Glue
- Silver Embroidery Floss
- Glue Dots
- Foam Tape
- Black Glaze Pen
- White Gel Pen
- Silver Pen