Hello Crafty Friends! Kathy Jo here sharing a Faith card using the lovely, newly released A Way With Words die, Faith, by Suzanne Cannon. Also used on the card are the oh-so-sweet flowers from the Susan’s Garden Club Hydrangea die set and the elegant Oval Flourish Frame Edges die set from Karen Burniston’s Pop it Ups collection.
To make this card
- Create a 5.5 x 4.25″ tent-fold card from white card stock.
- Die cut frame using light green card stock and the Oval Flourish Frames die set. Adhere to card front using liquid glue.
- Die cut Faith from lilac card stock twice. Apply Dusty Concord Distress Ink onto one of the die cuts.
- Die cut leaves and flower base using light green card stock and Hydrangea die set. Apply Peeled Paint Distress Ink to both the base and the leaves.
- Apply Dusty Concord Distress Ink to lilac paper. Die cut flowers using Hydrangea die set.
- Mount text, flowers, and leaves to card front as shown using liquid glue. Apply Gold Stickles to center of flowers. Option: For more dimensional and realistic flowers, use Susan’s Garden Club shaping tools and follow Susan Tierney-Cockburn’s video tutorial.
Notice that a partial section of the Faith swirl overlapped the Hydrangea leaves. The overlap is a visual anchor for the text. It prevents the Faith from “floating” on the card.
Elizabeth Craft Designs products –
White, lilac and light green card stock
Distress Ink in Dusty Concord and Peeled Paint (Ranger)
Gold Stickles (Ranger)
Liquid Glue (Aleene’s)
Thank you so much for stopping by! I do hope you enjoyed the Faith card. Oh – and you must check out the entire collection of newly released A Way With Words dies. They are gorgeous!
Have a happy crafty day!