Hello Crafty Friends!
The shorter days and cooler nights have me thinking of Christmas. Every year I plan to make cards throughout the year to avoid the last-minute Christmas Cardmaking Race. Every year in December I craft sprint to complete the race in time. (I believe Usain Bolt would be impressed with my last-minute cardmaking sprint.) This month I have created a few cards- all of which have used the newly released die set designed by Suzanne Cannon – Love Joy Peace Christmas Ornament. Today I would like to share a traditional colored Christmas card that was simple to make and is easy to reproduce.
- Create top fold 4.25 x 5.5 card base using ivory card stock.
- Cut patterned paper smaller than card base and apply gold marker to edges (optional). Mount to card front using Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape.
- Cut coordinating patterned paper smaller than paper in step 2. Apply gold marker to edges (optional). Mount to card front using Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape.
- Die cut ornament from gold paper and from ivory paper. Die cut “Peace” from red paper. Mount to card front using liquid adhesive. Apply liquid enamel to “Peace” die cut (optional).
- Adhere twine bow and embellishment using liquid adhesive.
The die cuts are gorgeous and the shimmery ornament is a beauty. Use this die set to make several cards using the same layout. It would be a great way to use up some of your festive scrap papers!
Thank you for stopping by! Have a happy, crafty day!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Patterned papers (Graphic 45)
Ivory card stock
Gold construction paper