Created by Mary Prasad for the ECD Susan Tierney-Cockburn Design Team
Hello again! It’s Mary here. I made this card for my sister’s birthday. It’s so cold in Michigan in January that I thought I would send a little spring to her in the form of beautiful, colorful flowers. For this card I used a collection of ECD dies including some of Susan Tierney-Cockburn’s beautiful flower designs.
Making the Card:
1. Cut a piece of 8 1/2″ x 11″ black cardstock in half so you have two 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ pieces. Fold one in half to form a card measuring 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″. Place the main tag die of the Tags & More 3 – Leaves at the top of the cardstock making sure that the left side fold is inside the die line – you do not want to cut it. Die cut, then trim the other side to be straight with the tag die cut line.
2. Die cut leaves on the top front of the card using the decorative overlay die. Die cut a piece of green vellum with the main tag die and trim to fit inside the card behind the leaf holes. Die cut the flower hole decorator from red cardstock and paint with Distress Crackle Paint, Rock Candy. Adhere to the inside hole as shown.
3. Adhere black cardstock and red cardstock to Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive and die cut 4 copies of Happy Birthday from black cardstock and one copy from red. Adhere the black copies in a stack to form thick words. Add Distress Crackle Paint, Rock Candy to the red copy and let it dry. Adhere to the top of the black stack.
4. Die cut 3 daisies and 2 chrysanthemums from white velum, one rose from pink vellum (plus extra petals for a bud), one rose from red vellum, and leaves from green vellum. Color the chrysanthemums layers with alcohol markers in yellow and orange (I used Copics: Y18, Y38, YR04) – yellow for the larger, orange for the smaller. Add some pink (R83) to the pink petals (leave the top edge uncolored). Add green (G46) to leaves. Shape petals. Assemble flowers. To make the bud, roll one of the larger pink petals for a center, glue, then add a few petals around this. Die cut one of the calyx (star-type shape) from Garden Patch 1 3/8″ & Mini Daffodils and glue around the base of the bud – you may have to remove one or two sections in order for it to fit well.
5. Using a small brush, paint Distress Crackle Paint, Rock Candy over the flowers and leaves and let it dry. Add Yellow Stickles to the center of the daisies. Add Orange Peel Stickles to the center of the chrysanthemums. Once they dry, add Glossy Accents to the centers over the Stickles to give them dimension.
6. Cut 3 copies of kraft cardstock 3″ x 3 1/2″. Adhere one piece to the inside of the card as shown above. Distress and ink the edges of the second copy using an ink blending tool and adhere to the front of the card. Crimp another piece and rip at a diagonal as shown below and ink the edges. Add light molding paste in places as desired. While wet, sprinkle a small amount of Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter in places to give a subtle shimmer. Adhere to the front of the card.
7. Cut one strip of kraft cardstock 1/2″ by 3 1/4″ (may need to trim slightly for fold). Adhere to the inside of the card as shown above.
8. Tie a bow from jute. Adhere Happy Birthday, flowers, bow, and black gems as shown below. Tie a double bow of twine at the top of the card.
Thank you for taking the time to see how I made my beautiful tag card!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
- 953 Tags & More 3 – Leaves
- 738 Happy Birthday
- 1001 Garden Patch 1 1/2-inch & Mini Roses
- 1002 Garden Patch 1 3/8-inch & Mini Daffodils
- 1003 Garden Patch 1-inch & Mini Daisy & Chrysanthemum
- 642 Silk Microfine Glitter Cool Diamond
- Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive
- 808 Susan’s Garden Toolkit
- Cardstock: Black, Red, Kraft
- Vellum: Green, Red, Pink, White (Note: you may use markers to color plain white vellum for flowers.)
- Distress Crackle Paint, Rock Candy
- Copic Markers
- Crimper (or Corrugated Cardboard)
- Distress Ink: Brushed Corduroy
- Ink Blending Tool
- Light molding paste
- Black Gems
- Alcohol Markers
- Stickles: Yellow, Orange Peel
- Glossy Accents
- Small brush
- Twine, Red/White Striped