Hello, sweet readers! Diana here again to share a clean and simple card that is perfect for any occasion. The front is a simple greeting to a sweet friend – inside you could write Happy Birthday, Hello, Thank you, or just a note of friendship. Read on to see how I made this card. Though clean in design, a lot of interest is added by use of a veritable rainbow of colors, along with gold and some sparkly rhinestones.
- Cut card base 8.5″ by 5.5″; score, fold to 4.25″ x 5.5″.
- Trim white cardstock to 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″.
- Using very little ink and a light touch, sponge Distress Ink Evergreen Bough and Broken China on opposite corners.
- On watercolor paper, use Twinkling H2O watercolors to colorwash a vibrant background from which to die cut A Way With Words “Sweet” and “Friends”. Carefully trim the “s” off of Friends.
- Die cut the full butterfly out of Gold Metallic Shimmer Sheetz. Reminder: A metal adaptor plate is REQUIRED for die cutting Shimmer Sheetz. If you are new to this technique, please review Els van de Burgt’s YouTube tutorial.
- Arrange die cuts on sponged rectangle and adhere with Tombow Multipurpose glue as seen on card.
- Use self adhesive rhinestones to make a trail from butterfly.
Thank you so much for looking (and for your kind comments)! Have a wonderful day and hope you get some crafting in, too!
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Metal adaptor plate (or Big Shot machine with Precision Base Plate)
Distress Inks listed in the instructions
Tombow Multipurpose Adhesive