Hi Artlings! It’s Suzanne back today with another clean and simple card. Today I’m sharing how you can do a little surgical procedure on your A Way With Words diecuts to expand their usefulness. All you need is an X-acto-type knife, a cutting mat and a little know-how! Here’s how we do it!
- Form a tent fold card base measuring 5.5 x 4.5” with Dusky Sky cardstock.
- Diecut two Forever and one Ampersand, as well as one Fitted Rectangle (the middle size) and one Dotted Scallop Rectangle slightly larger, from white cardstock.
- Blend Distress Ink on the Forever diecuts and the Ampersand as in the photo. Blend Distress ink on the edges of the Dotted Scallop Rectangle.
- Use a sharp blade to trim one Forever diecut as shown in the photo. Designer Tip: The trick with trimming the words is to follow the normal curves of the letters you are including in the final word.
- Use Glue Dots to adhere the A Way With Words diecuts to the Fitted Rectangle.
- Adhere rectangle layers to each other and to the card front with foam tape adhesive.
Here are a couple of images to help make your trimming perfect! Trim along the red line. Friends is another word you might want to trim to Friend. Happy trimming!
Ranger Distress Ink – Stormy Sky
Ranger Ink Blending Tool
Foam Adhesive Tape
Glue Dots – Micro