Although I love the traditional deep reds, greens and golds of the holidays, on this gingerbread wreath card I instead used brighter pinks, greens and purples to create a fun, kid-friendly Christmas card. To me, the vibrant colors remind me of the candy pieces that typically adorn gingerbread houses and people and really captures the “Candy Land” feeling. Yum!
Here’s how I made the card:
- Stamp 1 each of the gingerbread people, 1 gingerbread house, 2 of the candy cane bouquets and 2 of the candy garlands from the Candy Land Clear Stamp set on to white cardstock using permanent black ink. Color using the medium of your choice in shades of pink, green, purple and brown; Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers used here. If desired, use black glaze pen on the gingerbread peoples’ eyes and mouths to accent them. Die cut using the matching Candy Land dies (not pictured; see Step 2).
- Assemble the rest of your card components by die cutting 2 of the largest circles and 1 of the 2nd largest circles from the Entwined Circles die set from Rust Soft Finish Cardstock. Die cut the largest square in the Dotted Scallop Squares die set from Perfect Pink Soft Finish Cardstock. Cut a piece of 100 lb. White Soft Finish Cardstock to 5 ½” x 11” and fold in half to create the card base. Cut 3 pieces of the bright green polka dot paper from the ModaScrap Thinking About Rio de Janeiro 12” x 12” Paper Pack to the following sizes: 5” x 1”, 2.5” x 1”, ¼” x 1”. Using a bow punch guide, assemble the green polka dotted pieces into a small bow (see video for details). Stamp the “Keep Calm and Get Your Jingle On” sentiment from the Holiday Cheer Clear Stamps on to 85 lb. White Soft Finish Cardstock using a detail black ink. Die cut out using the third smallest circle in the Dotted Scallop Circles die set, centering the sentiment in the circle.
- Using 10 mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape, adhere the Perfect Pink scalloped square in the center front of the white card base. Add Pink/Silver Glitter Dots to the dots on the die cut Rust circles and eyeball their placement together on the pink square to create a wreath. Before adhering the wreath down, check that the gingerbread people that will go on each side and the house that will go on the top do not cover all the glitter dots. Adjust the wreath if necessary so glitter dots show between the gingerbread elements and adhere down with liquid glue. Once dry, adhere the sentiment circle inside the wreath below the house using 6 mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape, making sure it can still be read once the house overlaps it. Then, use foam tape to adhere the house in place and 6 mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape to adhere the gingerbread people to either side of the wreath. Use 6 mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape to adhere the polka dot bow at the bottom of the wreath. Add extra glitter dots to any blank areas, if desired.
- To complete the card, use liquid glue to adhere the candy cane bouquets in 2 of the corners of the card, diagonally opposite one another. Then adhere down the candy garlands across the 2 remaining corners and snip off any parts of the garlands that overhang the edges of the card. Enjoy!
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
- Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers
- Permanent Black Ink
- Detail Black Ink
- Black Glaze Pen
- Foam Tape
- Liquid Glue
- Bow Punch Board