It’s Debra Hensley here waving from sunny and HOT Texas. Today I would like to share a sparkly birthday card featuring the Elizabeth Craft Designs Balloons die.
Birthdays are that special day when you can’t celebrate too much, laugh too much, eat too much or bling it up too much! I wanted to make a bright and cheery birthday card with lots of bling so I decided to use Silk Microfine Glitter and Shimmer Sheetz. A cute image and we are all set.
1. Fold a 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 piece of white cardstock in half to form a standard A2 size card.
2. Cut a piece of Red Iris Shimmer Sheetz to 4 x 5. Emboss with Lots of Dots embossing folder using your favorite die cut machine. With a sanding block, lightly sand the color off the raised dots for a fun look. Adhere to a 4 1/4 x 5 1/4 green cardstock mat. Adhere to the front of the card base.
3. Adhere a piece of double-sided adhesive to white cardstock. Die cut 4 balloons and one large heart from the Balloons die. Peel off the release sheet and glitter each balloon and the heart using different colors of the Silk Microfine Glitter. Polish with your finger to set the glitter into the adhesive and bring up the shine.
4. Stamp and color bear image with Copic markers. Fussy cut image and color the cut edges with gray or black ink for a more finished look and to hide any uneven edges. Cut a piece of white cardstock to 2 x 2 3/4 and a piece of green cardstock to 2 1/4 x 3. Adhere the white to the green. Adhere the colored bear image on pop dots.
5. Die cut 2 grass shapes using the Grass Stand Up Helper and trim one side of each a little bit so they fit nicely behind the bear’s feet. Adhere using a small piece of double-sided adhesive.
6. Add green and white twine to the back of each balloon. Arrange the balloons on the front of the card for placement. Adhere balloons to card front using glue dots on some to create dimension.
Tip: Keep your phone or a camera handy when you are creating your card to take pictures of arrangements. That way you don’t have to worry about forgetting where you had things placed when constructing your card.
7. Adhere bear image to card front about 1/2 from the bottom and 1/4 from the left edge. Arrange the balloon strings behind and in front of the bear’s hand and adhere. Tie a small knot from a scrap of twine. Trim off closely and adhere over the strings on the bears hand. Add Happy Birthday Peel-off to complete your blingy birthday balloon card!
Here is a close-up:
I hope you enjoyed making this fun sparkly card with me today. Thanks for stopping by!
Elizabeth Craft Designs supplies:
0226 Red Iris Shimmer Sheetz
E114 Lots of Dots Embossing Folder
726 Balloons Die
729 Stand Up Helpers Die
502 Double Sided Adhesive
623 Royal Blue Silk Microfine Glitter
631 Soft Green Silk Microfine Glitter
625 Sky Silk Microfine Glitter
614 True Red Silk Microfine Glitter
300 Happy Birthday Peel-Off Sticker in Black
White and Green Cardstock- Bazzill
Green and White twine- Doodlebugs
Bear Image- Jackson & Bubbles – Purple Onion Designs
Copic Markers : R2o, B04, G24, W1, E31, E33, E35
Pop Dots/foam adhesive