Hi Everyone. It’s Tina here today showcasing the new Coloring Stamps and matching dies by Krista Schneider. I have a super fun card to share with you as well as a DIY background. Below you will find easy steps to replicate this card.
Often, I don’t have just what I want as a background to go with patterned papers. I will show you an easy way to create your own coordinating paper using the bubble technique. (It’s the paper shown inside the frame.)
- Get out some liquid dish soap, fluid acrylic paint, a straw, a pre-cut piece of white cardstock, and a plastic container large enough to hold the piece of cardstock.
- Mix a small amount of paint and some dish soap into the plastic container.
- Use the straw to blow bubbles in the soap and paint mixture. Make sure there are lots of bubbles and add more dish soap if needed.
- Gently place the white cardstock so that the bubbles touch the surface, creating a mono-print of a bubble pattern. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you reach the effect you desire.
- Set aside and let it dry.
- The photo below shows what it will look like.
Now here are the steps to replicate this card.
- Cut a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock measuring 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, score and fold in half to create a 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ side-fold card base.
- Cut a piece of solid color cardstock in a color that coordinates with the patterned paper measuring 4″ x 5 1/2″ and adhere to card using Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape.
- Adhere bubble background to center of card with Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape.
- Using the Dotted Scalloped Rectangles die and a Fitted Rectangles die, cut a window frame from patterned paper. (Tip: Use temporary tape to hold the two in place and cut the outer edge and the window in one pass through the die cutting machine.) Before adhering to card, place the window frame onto the bubble background and very lightly mark with a pencil where you’ll be adding the stamped sentiment, then use black ink and stamp the sentiment from the General Sentiments Clear Stamp set. Adhere the window frame, centered as shown, using foam tape or pop dots to add dimension.
- Using black ink, stamp the flying bird and flowers from the Bird-day Party Clear Stamp Set stamp set onto White Soft Finish Cardstock. Color as shown or as you prefer. Cut with matching dies. Adhere the bird and flowers, using foam tape or pop dots to add dimension.
- Add some sequins or other embellishments such as Crystal Nuvo Drops, gems or half-pearls to name a few.
I hope you enjoyed this fun card and easy DIY background. This card can be used for any occasion – just change the sentiment!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Acrylic paint in color that coordinates with patterned paper (shown: Blue)
Solid color cardstock that coordinates with patterned paper (shown: Green)
Plastic container (Disposable, or one that is not used for food!)
Pop-ups (Foam dots or tape)
Black ink (Permanent)
Markers, colored pencils, or watercolor pencils
Sequins or other embellishments
Gem glue to adhere embellishments