Hi! Diane Prince here today with a very simple card idea for Valentine’s Day.
I guess most of us have played that game plucking the petals of a daisy, wishing to finish with the “he loves me” petal! It seems like the daisies have been in my life for ever but they always remind me of my childhood friendships. I find that the daisies are the most versatile flowers and they can show just how much we appreciate someone as a friend, as a family member, on Valentine’s Day or any day!
Step 1 – Card base:
For the base of this card, you will need:
- A white Soft Finish Cardstock (85 lb), 12 inches X 6 inches, scored and folded in half.
- A 6 inches square piece of yellow cardstock.
- A 5 ½ inches square piece of pattern paper.
- 5 ½ inches square piece of a lighter pattern paper cut diagonally.
- Adhere each layers on the card base using Clear Double Sided Tape in the order shown below.
- Glue a narrow yellow ribbon diagonally with Kids Choice Glue.
Step 2 – Shasta Daisies
Using the 1521 – Garden Notes Shasta Daisy die set:
- Die cut 3 times the petals out of White Soft Finish Cardstock (85 lb) for the flowers.
- The small centers needs to be cut 3 times out of yellow cardstock.
- For the leaves, choose a dark green cardstock and die cut the 2 leaves 3 times.
- Shape the leaves and the petals using the 4 Pieces All Metal Tool Set. Susan Tierney Cockburn has a wonderful video you can watch to help you with this step. Video here
Step 3 – Ladder Ferns
Using the 1423 – Garden Notes – Ladder Fern die set:
- Die cut 2 times the 2 different sizes out of a different green cardstock than the one used for the Shasta Daisies leaves.
- Shade the ferns with a darker green ink on the edges.
- Shape the ferns using the 4 Pieces All Metal Tool Set.
- To see how Susan Tierney Cockburn does it, you can watch the following video. Video here.
Step 4 – Sentiments:
With the use of the 1390 – Banners set and the 1466 – Words 2 – Thinking of you set:
- Die cut the second banner 3 times out of the same yellow cardstock used for the card base, each piece being double up with some Clear Double Side Adhesive.
- Adhere the 3 banners on top of each other, to give it dimension.
- Die cut the “I Love You” words out of dark green cardstock doubled with Clear Double Side Adhesive.
- Stick the words on the banner.
And here’s a closer look at the finish flowers!
I hope you enjoyed this project and I wish you a very happy Valentine’s Day!
ECD products used on this card:https://linkdeli.com/widget.js?1549284835381
Other products used on this cards:
- Forest Moss Distress Ink
- Yellow and green Bazzil cardstock
- Patterned paper