Hello everybody, Sanna here again with my first post for February. When I first saw the Ribbons 1, Ropes 1, Chains 1 and Jewels 1 die sets I immediately wanted to create with them. They are so very versatile and can be used for so many kinds of projects! I chose to die cut some Clear Double Sided Adhesive with them and then cover those pieces with Silk Microfine Glitter. Boy, does that combination look fantastic!!!
Here is how I created the first card:
1. Cut a piece of Soft Finish Cardstock using the second largest Stitched Rectangles die from the set.
Click HERE for a video on Els van de Burgt Studio’s Stitched & Fitted Dies.
2. Place the die cut piece into a cardboard box and color it with green, yellow and red spray inks.
3. Add some blue ink splatters onto the background. Let dry thoroughly.
4. Cut a piece of Clear Double Sided Adhesive and a matching size piece of solid color cardstock big enough to get coverage for 6 die cut strips, 5 from the Ribbons 1 set and 1 from the Chains 1 set. Run thru a die cutting machine. Save the extra adhesive-covered piece for later; you can use the areas in between for other artworks. This way nothing goes to waste.
Click HERE for a video on Els van de Burgt Studio’s Jewels, Chains, Ropes, & Ribbons.
5. Adhere the Clear Double Sided Adhesive die cut Ribbons and Chain onto the misted rectangle piece. Apply Fire Opal Silk Microfine Glitter over the piece, use a paint brush to wipe off residue glitter and your fingertip to polish the glitter, bringing out the sparkle.
Click HERE for a quick video on Silk Microfine Glitter.
6. Use Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape (6mm) to adhere the glittered and misted piece onto a solid color card base.
7. Place the Circles and the Hello die onto a piece of Soft Finish Cardstock that has been backed with Clear Double Sided Adhesive and run them thru the die cutting machine. Since the word Hello is small, you can cut it 4 times from this small piece.
8. Now place the die cut pieces over the glittered Ribbons. Add some leftover circles as “dots” here and there on the card.
You can also add a few white ink splatters to accompany the white “dots”, if you like.
This is what the finished card looks like.
The second card is more clean & simple – this is how I created it:
1. Cut a piece of Soft Finish Cardstock into a size of 4,0×5,5 inch. Adhere onto a piece of Clear Double Sided Adhesive. Place one flower die from the Bunch of Flowers 4 die set onto the lower right corner of that cardstock piece and run it thru a die cutting machine. Remove the flowers and save them for later.
2. Take a second piece of Soft Finish Cardstock, adhere onto a piece of Clear Double Sided Adhesive and run thru a die cutting machine using the Jewels 1 die. Cut as many pieces as you can and save the negative piece for another project.
3. Place a strip of Clear Double Sided Adhesive onto a piece of white card stock. Pour Fire Opal Silk Microfine Glitter onto that area and polish it with your fingertip to bring out maximum sparkle. Next place the piece of white cardstock you previously cut with the flower die over the card base and adhere it on its place.
4. Then adhere the Jewel 1 die cut strips next to each other onto the cardstock piece. After that place the die cut flowers over the glittered flower areas in a manner that still allows the glitter to be seen. Adhere a rhinestone in the middle. Use four Jewel circles and adhere those onto the corners of the flower die cut image.
5. Use the last Hello die cut die piece that was left over from the previous card and color it with a gold/copper gel pen to match the color of the Silk Microfine Glitter. Adhere the word onto the card on top of the flower images. Now the card is finished.
This is how the finished card looks. I hope you like these ideas and get inspired to try them out yourself!
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
1123 Jewels 1
1126 Chains 1
1122 Ribbons 1
1125 Ropes 1
1030 Bunch of Flowers 4
1120 Stitched Rectangles
609 Fire Opal – Silk Microfine Glitter
Soft Finish Cardstock – 8,5 x 11″
Clear Double Sided Adhesive
Big Shot die cutting machine – Sizzix
Gel Pen (copper) – Sakura
Glimmer Mist spray ink – Tattered Angels by Canvas Corp Brands
White Texture Spray – Imagine Crafts