It’s Joset here and today I would like to show you a card that I made using some new dies and Peel-Offs from our latest release. The dies that I used will be available at the end of this month and the Peel-Offs will be available the first week of May. I fell in love with the new Owl Peel-Off which is also available in a die. I colored on top of the Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. If you’re new to this technique, make sure to check out the YouTube video by Els. There is a link to the video in step 5 below. Let’s get started!
1. Cut pink cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold in half.
2. Die cut one Accordion Oval page from pink pattern paper. Cut out center oval and trim long side tab. Then trim each side of the page slightly. Adhere to card front.
3. Optional: Add Transparent/Silver Glitter Border along the outside.
4. Add Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive to a piece of white cardstock, large enough to fit your Owl Peel-Off plus the little heart.
5. Transfer peel-offs to the adhesive following the steps shown in this video by Els. Once you have applied Silk Microfine Glitter, color peel-offs using alcohol markers.
6. Fussy cut peel-offs using Fine Pointed Scissors.
7. Die cut 4 flowers and centers using Bunch of Flowers 3 from Pink and Light Pink Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz. Make sure to use your Metal Adaptor Plate for cutting Shimmer Sheetz. Tip: for the flower centers, apply Shimmer Sheetz to Double-Sided Adhesive first before die cutting.
8. Die cut 3 Flourishes using Flourishes and Branches from Green Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz. Tip: apply Shimmer Sheetz to Double-Sided Adhesive first before die cutting.
9. Cut a small piece of white cardstock for sentiment. Apply I Love You Peel-Off.
10. Assemble your card as shown in the picture at the beginning. Adhere flowers, flourishes, Owl and heart Peel-Off. Use foam adhesive for sentiment and heart.
I hope you will enjoy creating your own I love you Owl card. See you next time!
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
1029 Bunch of Flowers 3 (Coming Soon)
1034 Flourishes and Branches (Coming Soon)
2596 Lots of Owls Peel-Off in Black (Coming Soon)
Shimmer Sheetz (Colors used: Pink, Light Pink and Green Iridescent)
Pink & white cardstock
Pink pattern paper – BoBunny Double Dot
Copic Markers (or other alcohol base markers)
Alcohol Blender Pen