Hi Crafty Friends!
Debra Hensley here today. I love how many of the Elizabeth Craft Designs dies, embossing folders and peel-offs coordinate together. There are so many fun ways to combine them. Today I made a card using the Rose die and coordinating embossing folder to create this easy and elegant card.
Here’s how I made this card:
1. Fold a 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ piece of white cardstock in half to form a standard A2 size card base. Cut another piece of white cardstock to 4 1/4″ x 3 1/2″.
2. With a brayer and pink chalk ink, ink the debossed side of the Roses embossing folder. Carefully place the cardstock piece inside the folder over the ink, close and run through your die cut machine. The ink will transfer to the embossed design creating a beautiful result.
3. Die cut the rose, bud and Thinking of You from pink bling cardstock. Die cut the rose and bud overlays from white cardstock. Die cut 2 stems (not pictured) and leaves from green cardstock.
4. Adhere the embossed piece to the card front, flush with the bottom edge. Create a glittered ribbon embellishment by adhering a strip of Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive across the top edge. Peel off the liner and cover with Vintage Pink Silk Microfine Glitter. Brush off excess and polish with your finger to set the glitter and bring up the shine.
5. Assemble the rose and bud. Using the Susan’s Garden All Metal Tool Set and Mini Molding Mat, vein and shape the leaves for added dimension. Adhere the overlays to the base pieces. Lightly ink the stems and leaves with brown ink.
6. Complete the card by adding the sentiment to the top left. Add the rose and bud on pop dots over the glittered ribbon. Add stems and leaves. For a finishing touch, use a corner rounder to round the top right corner of the card.
Here is a close up:
This card is easy to make with beautiful results. The sentiment can be changed for almost any occasion. With Elizabeth Craft Designs’ variety of gorgeous embossing folders and dies, the possibilities are endless!
Thanks for stopping by today!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Cardstock – white, green
Bling cardstock- Bazzill
Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Pixie Dust VersaMagic Ink