It’s Frances here today. A few weeks ago I created a stand up card using the Tags & More 8 – Lattice die set for Els at CHA. I thought this fun card needed a tutorial! When I was looking at the Clip Board Topper included in the die set, I kept seeing a baby’s bottle. Of course I just had to create a baby card …. and baby girl cards seem to be the order of the day at ECD right now :).
Here is how I created my card:
1. Cut a piece of cream cardstock 4 1/4″ x 11″. Score at 2 3/4″ and 5 1/2″. Fold along score lines as shown above. Lightly score at 8 1/4″ but do not fold.
2. Position the Congratulations Stand Up Helper die so that the bottom of the die is lined up along the 8 1/4″ score line created in step 1. Die cut, remove excess cardstock from sentiment and fold upwards.
3. Place a piece of Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive to pink cardstock that will be large enough to fit the Congratulations Stand Up Helper die. Die cut so that the adhesive is on the bottom, trim along the bottom edge of the word and adhere on top of the Congratulations on the cream card. See photo below.
4. Cut a piece of cream cardstock 4 1/4″ x 2 5/8″ and adhere to the panel behind the Congratulations to hide the opening.
5. Cut a piece of cream cardstock and a piece of pink designer paper 4 1/2″ x 6″. Line up the main tag die from the Tags & More 8 – Lattice at the top of the cream cardstock and die cut. Snip off the excess cardstock around the top of the die and then use your trimmer to trim off both sides to make them even with the top part of the die. Trim tag shape so it is 5 1/2″ long.
6. Repeat the process above but this time with the pink designer paper. Once you have your tag, place the decorative overlay die from the same die set at the top so the hole in the overlay lines up with the hole in the tag and also lines up with the tag shape of the card and then die cut.
7. Adhere the pink designer paper tag to the cream tag. Die cut a square reinforcement from pink cardstock and adhere it around the hole on the top of the tag. See photo below. You’ll see the reinforcement just poking above and underneath the pink bow.
8. Use a pink Copic marker to color the Silver Borders Assorted Peel-Off Stickers then add them around the border of the tag. Apply Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive to the 2 1/2″ panel on the folded stand up card we created in step 1 and attach the tag to this panel so that the bottom of the tag lines up with the bottom of this panel.
9. Fold the card so that the card is closed and trim off the top of the folded card using the top of the tag as a guide. When the card is closed it should look like the tagged shaped card as shown above.
10. Cut a piece of designer paper 4 1/4″ x 2 1/4″. Adhere this to the panel in front of the Congratulations Stand Up Helper word. Use the lattice border die included in the Tags & More 8 – Lattice die set, die cut and adhere to borders from pink card. (Tip: Add some Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive to the back of the pink card before die cutting the border). Add the pink borders to the designer paper as shown above. Add Pink/Silver Glitter Dots to the border as shown above.
11. Add Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive to the back of a piece of cream cardstock large enough to fit the It’s A Boy/Girl Die. Die cut words. Position “It’s A Girl” to the card as shown above.
12. Using the Clipboard Topper die from the Tags & More 8 – Lattice die set, die cut one clipboard topper from pink cardstock and one from kraft cardstock. (Note: The clipboard die has a hole in the top. For this hole not to cut, first die cut two dots from chipboard using the same die. Then place the dots in the hole on the die to cover the hole. Use a pice of tape to keep the dots in place. When you now use your die, it won’t cut the hole). Cut the bottom part of the pink clipboard topper and adhere to kraft clipboard topper as shown above. Ink edges of topper with pink. Add Pink/Silver Glitter Dots as shown below.
13. Cut a piece of cream cardstock 2 1/8″ x 2 3/8″. Trim off the bottom corners of the cardstock at a slight angle and the top corners at a bigger angle as shown above. Ink edges with pink. Adhere the top of the bottle to the cream cardstock.
14. Add Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive to the back of pink cardstock large enough to die cut the letters BABY. Adhere the letters to the baby’s bottle. Adhere bottle to the front of the tag using foam tape.
15. Tie a bow using pink ribbon and attach over the tag hole.
Supplies:Elizabeth Craft Designs Tags & More 8 – Lattice (961) Congratulations Stand Up Helper (935) It’s A Boy/Girl (969) Alphabet 1 – Caps (967) Pink / Silver Glitter Dots (SKU 7018) Silver Borders Assorted (SKU 1167) Transparent Double Sided Tape 64mm (508) Transparent Double Sided Tape 6mm (506) Other Cream Cardstock Pink Cardstock Kaisercraft Pitter Patter 6 1/2″ Paper Pad Pink Ribbon Pink Ink Foam Tape