Hello, this is Jackeline from the ECD Design Team. I am always excited to show you beautiful projects using dies from the Els van de Burgt Studio collection. For this week I created a photo frame.
Let’s get started:
- Cut 3 pieces of 7” x 4 1/4” cardstock: 2 pieces in brown and 1 in pink.
- Die cut the shorter end of each piece using the main tag shape die from Tags & More 7 –Vine.
- Use one of the oval decorative dies from the Accordion Oval Card set to cut an oval opening in the pink cardstock tag. Refer to project photo for placement.
- Using Clear Double Sided Adhesive, adhere the two brown pieces to each other for added stability.
- Adhere the pink tag to the brown double-layer tag and die cut again with the same oval, taking care when lining up the die so it is precisely within the opening on the pink tag. (You will be cutting only the brown cardstock layers.)
- Lightly ink the edges of the tag using Frayed Burlap Distress Ink.
- Using your paper trimmer, cut a piece of pattern paper to 5.25″ x 4.25″. (Shown: Pink and brown polka dot pattern.) Add Clear Double Sided Adhesive tap (1/8″ width/3mm) to 1 of the longer sides and 1 of the short sides.
- Place this piece on the back of the frame with the open side at the top to form a pocket for the photo.
- Die cut a brown cardstock easel using the Card Stand/Easel die.
- Use Clear Double Sided Adhesive to attach one half of the easel to the back of the frame as shown in the photo, leaving the other half folded forward to hold the frame at an angle. NOTE: This is a different way to use the Card Stand/Easel. It is most often used as a true easel with the card or tag on it for temporary display. If you prefer this option, do not attach the easel to the back of the project.
To Decorate the frame:
11. Add Clear Double Sided Adhesive to Soft Finish Cardstock and die cut two flower clusters with the Flower Cluster 2 die.
12. Ink the flower clusters with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink.
13. Place the flower clusters onto the frame at the bottom left and upper right as shown in the project photo. Trim at the edges as needed. Embellish flower centers with flat-backed pearls as shown, or with gems or Glitter Dots peel-offs. Add a sheer brown ribbon bow to match the brown cardstock.
The frame is ready, now it is time to pick your favorite picture.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and remember that there is more than one way to use our dies.
Elizabeth Craft Designs
1071 Card Stand/Easel
1069 Flower Cluster 2
960 Tags & More 7 – Vine
772 Accordion Oval Card
PSF102 Soft Finish Cardstock 8.5″ X 11″
502 Transparent Double Sided Tape Sheet – 8.5″ x 11″ – 5 pack
505 Transparent Double Sided Tape – 3mm
801 Fine Pointed Tweezers
802 Fine Pointed Scissors