The Holidays will be here soon and it is time to work on Christmas cards so we are not so rushed when it is time to mail our greetings out to family and friends. This is Selma today and I want to show you how to create a pretty wreath using Susan’s new Garden Notes Small Poinsettia, the Garden Notes Whitepine Boughs & Pinecone and the new Garden Notes Mistletoe die sets. The other die sets used are the A Way With Words – Noel, Els van de Burgt Studio Entwined Circles and Berry Branch. Here is how to create this card:
- Start with a 6×6 inch card. The background for the wreath is a piece of Els van de Burgt Studio Through The Lens – Wood card stock.
- Die cut petals using Susan’s Garden Notes Small Poinsettia die. Shape the petals using Susan’s Flower Tool Kit. You can watch Susan’s YouTube Garden Notes Poinsettia Video at this LINK. This video is for the larger Garden Notes Poinsettia, but the same technique is used for this new smaller poinsettia. I used Susan’s Garden Prills in the center of the flower.
- Use the Garden Notes Whitepine Boughs & Pinecone die set to die cut as many pine boughs as you want. I used two shades of green card stock – a darker green bough is on the bottom with a lighter green bough layered on top.
- Use the Garden Notes Whitepine Boughs & Pinecone die set to die cut pieces for four pinecones. You can watch Susan’s Garden Notes Whitepine Boughs & Pinecone YouTube Video at this LINK for instruction on how to assemble the pinecones.
- Use Susan’s Garden Notes Mistletoe die set to die cut mistletoe to layer behind the poinsettia.
- Use Els van de Burgt Studio Berry Branch to die cut two branches out of green card stock. You may add Wedding Dress Pico Embellisher irRESISTible to shape the berries, or use white punched circles. I used a fine line marker to add a black dot to the ends of the berries.
- Use Els van de Burgt Studio largest Entwined Circle die to die cut four brown circles. Attached the circles to the Wood cardstock to form a wreath.
- Assemble all the die cut pine boughs, mistletoe and berry branches on the lower left corner of the wreath.
- Add the Small Poinsettia and the pine cones.
- Use the A Way With Words – Noel die to cut the sentiment out of Gold Shimmer Sheetz. Attach it inside the wreath as shown. Reminder: You MUST use a Metal Adaptor Plate or Precision Base Plate when die cutting Shimmer Sheetz. Review Els van de Burgt’s YouTube tutorial if you are new to this technique.
Products from Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Wedding Dress irRESISTible Pico Embellisher
Fine Line Black Marker