Hello Crafty Friends.
Recently a very good friend of mine celebrated her birthday and I wanted to create a card that was bright, beautiful and inspiring. The quote “Our birthdays are feathers…” in Suzanne Cannon’s Happy Birthday Collection stamp set was perfect for the card front!
- Create a top-fold card base from black cardstock.
- Die cut patterned paper using the Stitched Rectangles die that closely fits the card base while leaving a narrow border.
- Die cut corners from blue patterned paper.
- Stamp quote onto white cardstock using black ink. Stamp balloons using colors to coordinate with patterned paper. Die cut using Stitched Rectangles die.
- Cut black cardstock to mat stamped quote. Mount onto patterned paper.
- Mount corners onto mat stack using liquid adhesive, folding and gluing the tabs to the back of the patterned paper. (Alternatively, trim off the tabs.) Mount to card front.
- Create triple bow using coordinating ribbon and mount to card front using liquid adhesive or instead of wet glue use small snippets of a Tombow Xtreme Adhesive Tab.
The card came together rather quickly and the results were bold and beautiful. My friend loved it!
Thank you for stopping by. I do hope you enjoyed the birthday card!
Have a happy, crafty day,
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Graphic 45 patterned papers (Artisan Style)
Black and white card stock
Ink: Black plus coordinating ink(s) for balloons