It’s Christine Pooler here from Susan Tierney-Cockburn’s Design Team. For my post today I have chosen several of Susan’s CountryScapes dies to build a scene in silhouette. Susan’s CountryScapes dies gives you so many possibilities. I also used Elizabeth Craft Designs new Soft Finished Cardstock which is a great product. For the background I used a technique called “Northern Lights”.
1. Cut 1 piece of white cardstock 10″ X 7″ and score the 10″ side at 5″ and fold in half to form the card base.
2. Cut 1 piece of Elizabeth Craft Designs new Soft Finished 100 lb cardstock 5″ X 7″.
Northern Lights Technique:
a. Take the 5″ X 7″ piece of Soft Finished cardstock and using a rubbing motion take a sponge and yellow ink apply the ink randomly across the cardstock.
b. Using the same rubbing motion and green ink apply ink just below the yellow ink.
c. Begin filling in some of the white spaces with turquoise ink.
d. Fill in remaining white spaces with purple ink slightly blending some of the colors.
e. Sponge dark blue ink randomly over a few areas of the previous colors. Leave some areas light/bright and other areas dark/shadowed.
f. Sponge black ink along the edges of the dark blue to help add depth.
3. Attach the completed piece to the card front using clear double sided adhesive.
4. Using black cardstock with double sided clear adhesive attached to the back (makes instant stickers) cut 3 trees from Susan’s CountryScapes – Backyard 3, cut 3 owls and several bats from Susan’s CountryScapes – Critters 4 and cut stonewall base and gate from Susan’s CountryScapes – New England Stonewall and Gate.
5. Now build your scene removing the protective covering from the adhesive and attaching pieces to your background starting with the trees and adding the wall and gate last.
6. Cut a piece of white cardstock 5″ X 7″ and using your cutter and allowing a 1/2″ border on the right place your blade at 1/2″ and cut to 6-1/2″ turn cardstock allow 1/2″ border on right insert blade 1/2″ down and cut to 4-1/2″ then repeat on the remaining two sides and remove the center. Attach frame over your card front using double sided clear adhesive.
7. Place peel off stickers in your corners.
It is now time for you to get your creative juices flowing and create your own card. I do hope you have enjoyed my post today. With all of Susan’s CountryScape dies the possibilities are endless such as the sweet little snowman die that could make a great Christmas card.
Until next time – Happy scrapping!
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
PSF 102 Soft Finish Cardstock
1078 Susan’s CountryScapes Backyard 3
1082 Susan’s CountryScapes – Critters
1084 Susan’s Country/Scapes – New england Stone Wall & Gate
506 Double Sided Clear Adhesive 6mm
508 Double Sided Clear Adhesive 64mm
842 Corners and Borders Straight Peel Off Stickers
Close to My Heart white cardstock
Close to My Heart Inks