Hi Crafty Friends,
It’s Frances Byrne here today with another tutorial to share with you. As Christmas is now less then two months away, I thought I would create another Christmas card. I have used the Poinsettia Clear Stamp set and coordinating dies from the new Krista Schneider Winter/Christmas collection.
Here is how I created my card:
Step 1 –
- Cut a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock to 4 1/4 inches x 11 inches. Score and fold along the 11 inch side at 5 1/2 inches to create a top-fold card base.
- Cut a piece of patterned paper to 1 3/4 inches x 5 1/2 inches.
- Cut a piece of dark green cardstock approximately 1/2 inch x 5 1/2 inches.
- Layer the green cardstock behind the patterned paper so that there is a tiny bit of the green cardstock showing on one side of the patterned paper.
- Adhere this panel to the left side of the card front.
Step 2 –
- Using black ink, stamp the poinsettia flower and two berry branches onto White Soft Finish Cardstock. Using dark green ink, stamp three of the pine boughs onto White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Color images as desired.
- Die cut with coordinating dies.
Step 3 –
- Adhere the Poinsettia Flower to the left side of the front of the card using foam tape, so that the flower is partly on the patterned paper and partly over the white panel. (Refer to photo above for placement).
- Add the berry branches to the card, one to the top right side of the card and the other to the lower right. Use foam tape for added dimension.
- Using liquid adhesive adhere two of the three pine boughs to the right of the poinsettia. Adhere the third pine bough to the left of the poinsettia using foam tape for dimension.
Step 4 –
- Apply Autumn Red Nuvo Drops to all of the berries. Set aside to dry.
Step 5 – Inside of Card:
- Cut a piece of patterned paper and a piece of green cardstock, sized the same as for the front of the card. Adhere panel to the left hand side of inside of card.
Step 6 –
- Using black ink, stamp “Season’s Greetings” from the Classic Christmas Sentiments Clear Stamp set to the white portion of the inside of the card.
- Using dark green ink, stamp the pine bough directly over the greeting.
Thank you for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.