Hello my crafty friends! It’s Raquel Mason here today. I was inspired by Karen’s April Designer Challenge where she converted a pop stand into a box pop up. I wanted to incorporate a few new items from Karen’s latest release too into my Pop Stand conversion “Welcome little one” baby card. Let me show you how easy it is to convert a pop stand into a box card that’s cute as a button!
- Cut Soft Finish Cardstock – Celadon Green card base at 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 then score at 4 1/4.
- Cut pattern paper at 5 1/4 x 7 score at 3 1/3.
- Place the alignment nubs of the Bathtub Pop Stand on the score line and die cut. See photo below.
- Cut 2 pieces of pattern paper at 3/8 x 1 and fold strips in half. See photo below.
5. Die cut the pieces shown below:
(2) poles from Soft Finish Cardstock -Celadon Green
(3) banners from Soft Finish Cardstock -Celadon Green. Place Baby Pajamas Stage It Stencil over the banner and color in a heart using a red marker.
(1) long banner from Soft Finish Cardstock – White. Stamp “Pitter Patter” and feet using black ink.
(1) bathtub from Soft Finish Cardstock – White and (1) from pattern paper. Stamp “Welcome little one” on the front of the white bathtub. Cut away the top portion of the pattern paper bathtub and adhere to the white bathtub. See photo for placement.
(2) bathtub feet from pattern paper. Adhere to bathtub.
(1) duck from Soft Finish Cardstock – Sunflower. Adhere duck to a banner.
(1) Soft Finish Cardstock -Sunflower and (1) Soft Finish Cardstock -Bluebell pacifier. Cut the top portion of the Sunflower pacifier off and adhere to the Bluebell pacifier.
(1) Soft Finish Cardstock -Bluebell onsie, leave paper in the die and color a heart through the heart area with red ink. Cut off charm loop.
To assemble the front of the card:
6. Cut Soft Finish Cardstock -Bluebell at 4 x 5 1/4, then emboss with the Baby Pajamas stencil by running it through your die cutting machine using an embossing sandwich. Adhere (3) banners cut in step 7 to orange ribbon. Wrap orange ribbon around top left corner and adhere to card base. Fold (2) small lengths of orange ribbon in a loop and adhere to the corners of the ribbon. Adhere bathtub to card front.
To assemble the inside of the card:
7. Wrap orange ribbon around the top and bottom portion of the pattern paper from step 3. Adhere pattern paper to card base taking care to avoid adhering the open tabs to the base.
8. Adhere both strips of pattern paper cut in step 4 to the tabs by placing a small amount of glue on the tabs. Upon closing the card, the tabs will look like a box. Adhere the (2) posts cut in step 5 to the tabs.
9. Using twine, hang the onsie cut in step 5 between the posts.
10. Adhere stamped banner and pacifier to the bottom of the card.
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and feel inspired to try it out yourself.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Premium Crease Pad – Sizzix
Silicone Texturz Mat – Sizzix