A bouquet of carnations is so pretty. This is Selma today and I have created a very feminine birthday card using Susan Tierney-Cockburn’s Garden Notes Carnation die set. I am always amazed at the design work of Susan in creating such realistic flower dies. Aren’t these carnations gorgeous! Here is how I created this card.
1. Use Garden Notes Carnation die set and light pink tissue paper to die cut petals for the flowers. The number of petals you die cut will depend on how full you want your carnations. When using tissue paper, you can fold it so you have 8 or 10 pieces of tissue in a stack to die cut all at one time. Use the Loop Tool in Susan’s Flower Tool Kit to shape all the petals. Glue the layers together creating the fullness you want. Using 4 layers of the smallest petals, I created a couple of carnation buds.
2. Using the same die set, die cut the stems and leaves from White Soft Finish Cardstock. Sponge Bundled Sage Distress Ink onto the die cut pieces, adding depth and detail.
3. Attach a piece of design paper of your choice to the front of a 6×6 card.
4. Use the Dotted Scallop Rectangle die set to die cut the largest rectangle out of White Soft Finish Cardstock.
5. Use the Fitted Frames 1 Lace Rectangle die set to die cut frames and use the largest frame in this set. (Set aside the rest of the frames for other projects.)
6. Use the second largest dotted die from the Stitched Rectangles die cut a rectangle from White Soft Finish Cardstock. Emboss this rectangle with the Swirly Curves Embossing Folder.
7. Use black ink to stamp Happy Birthday from Joset Designs’ General Sentiments clear stamp set onto a piece of white card stock. Die cut around the sentiment using the smallest Dotted Scallop Ovals die. Before removing the piece from the die, sponge on Spun Sugar Distress Ink around the edges. Color in the letters using the Spun Sugar Marker. Add three small half-pearls under the sentiment.
8. Die cut four white cardstock corners using the Corners 1 die set.
9. Assemble the card as shown, adding a bow above the sentiment and half-pearls to accent the outer corners and the top two corners of the embossed Stitched Rectangle.
Pink Tissue Paper
Design Paper of choice
Distress Ink Spun Sugar
Distress Marker Spun Sugar
Flat Back Half-Pearls