Good Morning. This is Selma Stevenson today with a card designed using the new Krista Schneider stamp set ‘Spring Blooms’. Also used are the ModaScrap Dandelion Fluff, Dancing Butterflies, A Way With Words – Sweet Smiles, and Els van de Burgt Studio Fitted Oval Frames die sets. The embossing on the white oval was done with the Curvy Leaves Embossing Folder. Here is how the card was created:
l. For a watercolor effect on the flowers, use Watercolor Paper and VersaMark Ink to stamp the Spring Bloom flower and flower bud. Emboss using white embossing power. The embossing helps hold the watercolor within the lines. Lightly dampen the paper and color the petals of the flower using Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. Use yellow in the center of the flowers, brushing strokes out from the center about 1/4 inch. Working on one petal at a time, color the petals using a pink marker. Add the color, starting just above the yellow, going up a short distance. Use a waterbrush or wet brush to blend the color up to the outside edge of the petal, leaving the ends of the petal lighter than the lower part. Blend the yellow and pink together, which will turn a peachy color. Color the bud using the same markers. Color the leaves green, using the same technique. Die cut the images using the matching dies.
2. Use the ModaScrap Dandelion Fluff die set to cut one white Dandelion Fluff from White Soft Finish Cardstock. (The larger Fluff that curves to the left.)
3. Use a piece of cardstock that coordinates with your colored flower to create a frame for the front of the card. This is a 6-inch square card. Use the second largest Fitted Oval Frame die set to die cut an open frame. Use a score board to score around the outside edge of this frame to create raised ridges for a finished look. Add two layers of dimensional tape around the edges on the back of the frame, to give it dimension.
4. Use a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock and the Curvy Leaves embossing folder to create the embossed background that will go under the flower. Attach this piece to the front of the 6×6 inch card base. Attach the Oval Frame over the embossed background.
5. Attach the large flower inside the frame using just one layer of dimensional tape on the back. One layer of tape will lift the flower from the background, but be slightly lower than the frame that has two layers of dimensional tape. Glue or use glue dots to adhere the Dandelion Fluff behind the flower. Note: Cut off the stem so the Fluff will fit under the flower. Attach the flower bud with glue or glue dots, as shown in the picture, with the bottom edge under the larger flower.
6. Die cut the A Way With Words ‘Sweet’ from White Soft Finish Cardstock. Attach the sentiment to the lower right corner. Tip: Back the cardstock with Clear Doubled Sided Adhesive before die cutting.
7. Use the ModaScrap Dancing Butterflies die set to cut the two side-view butterflies from White Soft Finish Cardstock. Attach to the card as shown. Tip: Back the cardstock with Clear Double Sided Adhesive before die cutting if you want the butterflies to remain flat against the card front. Alternatively, glue down only the butterflies’ bodies and gently fold the wings upward if you want more dimension.
8. Add three adhesive-backed half pearls in the lower left corner to finish the card.
I love the watercolor effect on the flower and bud! I hope you will try this technique.
Products from Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers – Pink, Yellow, Green
Waterbrush, or watercolor brush and water
Glue and Glue Dots