Good Morning. This is Selma Stevenson today with a card to welcome in the Spring season.
- Die cut five sets of Susan’s Garden Note Pansy, using White Soft Finish Cardstock. Color flowers using PanPastels or markers. Pansies come in a variety of colors and color combinations so you can have fun choosing your favorite colors. For detailed instructions on how to assemble this flower, please watch Susan Tierney-Cockburn’s YouTube Garden Notes Pansy Video at this LINK.
- Die cut Susan’s Garden Hydrangea for small “filler” flowers around Pansies.
- Die cut three Leafy Branch using white card stock and sponge lightly with Memento Bamboo Leaves ink.
- This is a 6×6 inch card. Cut a slightly smaller piece (5 7/8″ square) Lavender Soft Finish Cardstock for background. Emboss top portion using Dancing Leaves embossing folder.
4. Cut white card stock measuring 5 1/2″ x 5 5/8″. Use Karen’s largest arch Pull Card Edges die to create arch at the top of the longest end.
5. Cut another piece of white card stock measuring 5 1/2″ x 5 5/8″. Use Karen’s Paris Edges die to create decorative edge at one end. If needed, cut off a small amount on the bottom, depending on where the decorative edge is cut so it fits the front of your card.
6. Use the Scallop die from the Pull Card Edges and a narrow strip of white card stock (approximately an inch wide) to create decorative edge that will fit across the bottom of the card.
7. Use the small scallop die (the small die at the bottom in the picture above) to die cut a strip of scallops, centered, along the bottom edge of the larger scalloped die cut. You want the die cut in the card stock, but do not remove any portion from this piece. Use the die cut scallops as a guide to position adhesive-backed half-pearls.
8. Die cut the small butterflies, using Susan’s Garden Notes Bugs & Butterflies. Die cut one Els van de Burgt Small Butterfly. Color butterflies a light lavender.
9. Die cut two corners from Karen’s Katie Label Accordion die set.
10. Stamp Susan’s Seeds of Thought “Perhaps the butterfly is proof” on top end of the Paris Edge die cut, as shown in picture.
11. Assemble the card: Lavender card stock, Pull Card Edges, Paris Edge, Paris edge scallop, down on bottom. Glue down green Leafy Branch, Pansies, and as many white flowers as you want (for fillers). Attached Butterflies, corners, additional pearls and a lavender bow to finish the card.
Be sure to check out the Susan’s Garden collection of beautiful flower dies to create stunning cards and other projects.
Distress Ink or Markers
Prills (for center of flowers)
Black VersaMark Ink
Memento Bamboo Leaves