Hi there! It’s Suzanne here today. Thanks for joining me for today’s project. Needless to say, I’m over-the-moon-happy with the new A Way With Words release from Elizabeth Craft Designs! I’m sure you’ve already seen them.
In celebration of the scrapbooking community and National Scrapbooking Day last weekend, I created Remember and Memories. Designer Susan Tierney Cockburn requested the seasons, so here I am today combining dies!
This card came easily. The new dies arrived as I was celebrating my mother’s life. This is probably my favourite photo of her, even though she has a suspicious look on her face only a mother can have. I can’t help but smile at her expression. The lilacs she holds were from cuttings brought lovingly from her parents’ home in Ontario years ago and nurtured to magnificent displays in their new west coast home.
I hope this card inspires you to create your own glorious Spring Memories cards!
- Form a tent-fold card base measuring 8.5 x 5.5” using striped cardstock. Cut panel measuring 7.5 x 4.5” from designer paper and mat it with a panel of Dark Purple cut 1/8” larger. Adhere panels with Clear Double Sided Adhesive and mount them on card front with foam tape.
- Die cut Spring from Dark Fuchsia and Memories from Perfect Purple.
- Die cut photo using appropriately sized oval from the Fitted Ovals die set. Mat the photo with sequentially larger ovals from the Fitted Ovals and Stitched Ovals sets. Adhere stack together using Clear Double Sided Adhesive. Adhere stack to card front with foam tape as shown.
- Attach Spring to card front using slivers of Clear Double Sided Tape. Adhere Memories slightly below Spring using Clear Foam Adhesive to create dimension. DESIGNER TIP: Use a small T-square to help accurately align the die cuts as you’re adding them to the card front!
- Assemble the Lilac with the help of Susan Tierney-Cockburn’s video tutorial HERE. Trim the Lilac as shown in the photo. Tie a thread bow around the stem and adhere to card front using foam tape.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
Kool Tak 3D Clear Foam adhesive
Maja Designs cardstock