I’m actually not big on camping overnight –– it has always poured buckets –– but I love everything else, especially the campfire. So my card today showcases a little fire on a starry night. As you can see, you don’t need much to make a great focal point.
- Make a standing card base by folding a 4.25″ x 11 in half.
- Die cut a white circle approximately 3.25″ in diameter. Also cut out the fire, logs, sticks, and marshmallows from the Camping Accessories in white card stock.
- Die cut the A Way With Words Summer in blue card stock.
- To make the starry night, I sponged Distress Ink Blueprint Sketch around most of the circle, leaving the center and bottom for the yellow and brown inks. I went back and sponged Chipped Sapphire around the edges to make the sky very dark. Splatter some white or silver paint for the stars and set aside to dry.
- To give the Summer die cut also a nighttime feel, I used Chipped Sapphire on the top half of the die cut also. In this way, the word will perfectly match the focal piece.
6. I used my Copics to color the logs, marshmallows, twigs and fire. To insert the stick through the marshmallow, use an Xacto knife to cut a tiny slit into the top of the marshmallow.
7. Arrange and glue all the die cuts as shown in the card.
I hope you’ve been inspired to take part of a set and focus on your favorite pieces to make a card. I love this one as it’s perfect for a masculine card and the focal point can easily be changed to anything else in the Camping accessories set.
Other products used:
Distress Inks and Copics