Hi, Karen Aicken here. Today I would like to share a Tag Gift Card Holder. The Design Team has been making all kinds of things with these Tags & More die sets, and I wanted to show you how to use the little tab die that comes with the Tags & More 2 – Deco to create a slot to insert your gift card.
1. Cut your patterned paper to 3-1/4 x 12″.
2. Score in the center at the 6″ mark to create a 3-1/4 x 6″ tag card with the fold at the bottom.
3. Keeping the edges even, cut through both layers at the top (open ends) using the tag base die.
4. Unfold the card, and cut the decorative insert in the top layer only. This will be the front of your Tag Gift Card Holder
5. Take the tab die and place it in the center of the top layer, 2-1/4″ from the top edge. Run it through your die cutting machine.
6. Now move the tab horizontally to the left – about 1/4″ from the left edge, making sure the top and bottom edges line up with the cut you just made.
7. Repeat with the other side.
8. Insert your gift card into the slot and decide how much of it you would like to stick out of the slot at the front.
9. Working from the inside, add liquid glue below the gift card, up each side and around the top edges. Carefully remove the gift card, fold your Tag Gift Card Holder together with the wrong sides together and press until the glue sets. Note: I like to use liquid glue rather than double sided tape for this type of project, as sometimes the gift card can slide down and attach itself to the tape.
This is what your Tag Gift Card Holder should look like, once the glue is dry. I added the gift card back in for this photo.
10. Cut a piece of double sided tape sheet and a piece of white cardstock to 3-1/4 x 2″. Peel off the liner from one side of the adhesive tape sheet and adhere it to the white cardstock.
11. Peel off the remaining liner and pour on Solar Gold Silk Microfine Glitter. Tap off the excess and return to the jar, then polish the glitter with your fingers. This really brings up the shine!
12. Cut a second decorative tag insert from this piece, staying close to the top and left edge of your glittered paper. Save all the little pieces as these are what we will be using.
13. Adhere each of the glittered cutouts into the opening on the top layer of your Tag Gift Card Holder.
14. Using the accessories that come with the Tags & More 2 – Deco set, cut two corners and one reinforcement from your glittered cardstock.
15. Adhere them to your tag and add Glitter Dots as shown.
16. Take the Gold Border Peel-Offs and carefully outline your slot. Press down well.
17. Tie red seam binding around the Tag Gift Card Holder below the slot.
18. Thread a 10″ piece of red seam binding through the hole at the top of the tag, fold so the two tails are the same length, and tie it with gold baker’s twine as shown in the project photo. Option: Instead of a purely decorative element at the top, make a loop with the red seam binding so the tag can hang as an ornament or can be used on a gift bag or box.
19. Add a large gold Merry Christmas Peel-Off below the bow.
Because we used a folded piece of patterned paper, the Tag Gift Card Holder is nicely finished on the back as well.
Now that you know how to add a slot to a Gift Card Holder, you can add slots for other reasons as well. I immediately think of a Spinner Card. In fact, that is what I will have for you the next time I post on the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog!
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Patterned paper – DCWV
Seam binding – Stampin’ Up!
Gold Bakers Twine – Impress
Tombo Mono Multi Liquid Glue