Karen here today. I am loving the fun of mixed media projects created with the Art Journal line. I haven’t actually started my Art Journal (yet), but the products are fund to use in cardmaking too. Like today’s project!
The background for this card was made by using the following steps:
- Cut a piece of 90lb White Soft Finish Cardstock at 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″.
- Cover the cardstock with Faded Jeans Distress Oxides
- Smear some Seedless Preserves Distress Oxide on craft mat, spritz with water, and dip the cardstock into the puddle a few times.
- Using the round dots pattern stencil from the Summer Journal Special, add some white ink to the corners.
- Using the odd circle stencil from the Summer Journal Special, add some clear Distress Embossing Ink. (Comes in a dabber for ease)
- Pour some Ranger Princess Gold Embossing Powder onto the cardstock, remove excess and heat emboss. (I absolutely love that it stuck to some of the small circles, but not all of them!)
- Cover the cardstock with Distress Glaze. The picture below is before application (and bad lighting). Love how it brightens up!
Add a piece of ripped Kraft cardstock to the bottom (for the sand). Next, cut the card-front with the Stitched Rectangles. Die cut and color the palm tree, clouds and starfish from the Summer Journal Special. (I used: Wild Honey Oxide for the starfish, Vintage Photo and Mowed Lawn Distress Ink for the tree, and Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide for the clouds.
Stamp the sentiment from the Beach Sentiments Set and die cut with the Stitched Circles. Stamp a bit of the bubble stamp from the Water Creatures Stamps – using the Tumbled Glass Oxide ink. Finally, finish off with a few random Craft Drops in White.
FuN! Thanks for stopping by today!
Craftily yours, Karen
Supplies from Elizabeth Craft Designs
Distress Oxide and Distress Inks, White Ink, Black Ink, Kraft Cardstock, Embossing Powder