it’s Tanja here and today I would like to show you the step-by-step tutorial for this Art Journal Page.
Step 1: Creating the Background
- use Alcohol Inks (Aqua, Turquoise) and an Alcohol Ink Alloy (Foundry) to create a background on Yupo
- cut out your favorite spot with one of the Stitched Rectangles
- adhere it to an Art Journal Page cut with the help of the page die from the Floral Insert die set from a piece of patterned paper
Step 2: Coloring and Setting the Scene
- stamp the turtle from the Water Creatures set with Versafine Clair Morning Mist and heat-emboss it with clear embossing powder
- cut it out
- color the turtle using the Watercolor Palette
- dye a piece of cheesecloth with Distress Ink (Walnut Stain, Peacock Feathers)
- cut out a piece of fabric and prepare a string of silver thread
Step 3: Assembly
- adhere all the different elements on top of each other using hot glue
- use clear double-sided adhesive to attach a pre-cut sentiment
I hope you got inspired.
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Alcohol Ink (Aqua, Turquoise)
Alcohol Ink Alloy (Foundry)
Versafine Clair Morning Mist
clear embossing powder
Distress Ink (Peacock Feathers, Walnut Stain)
hot glue gun
Happy Technique Friday!
This week, Els is walking us through our NEWEST release: The Art Journal Collection by Charlene van der Vorst and Ilse Kleijer.
The collaboration of Charlene and Ilse brings their hand drawings and digitally-created designs together to offer this unique line to crafters!
This new collection includes six die sets, six stamp sets, four stencils and a 12×12 double-sided cardstock pack.
The flexibility of this line will have every journaler, scrapbooker, cardmaker and crafter alike inspired with creativity!
We hope you enjoyed this week’s Technique Friday, and will explore your creativity with this fabulous new collection!
Happy crafting and stay safe!
Karen here today from Craftily Yours! In 2020, my “word of the year” is Gratitude. Life is SO much better that way, don’t you think? I am going to attempt to create at least one page per week about things for which I’m grateful. If I can do it, I’ll have an amazing treasure at the end of the year! And something to remind me of the good things when I have a sad day.
Happy Technique Friday! Today, Els is excited to walk you through our newest Planner Essentials release (which we released on Tuesday!).
There are so many fun things you can do with this line, and we hope this video helps give you some ideas and inspiration for your projects!
Click the video above to watch the full video, or click the button below to see the full collection!
Let us know if you’ve created this project!
It’s the new year, which means we need some new planner ideas! With the help of our design team, we’ve put together a list of 9 planner ideas that are sure to give you some new year inspiration!
We hope some of these helped sparked some inspiration for your 2020 planner. There are so many different, creative ways you can create with this line –– especially with the newest release!
As always, don’t forget to join our ECD Planner Group on Facebook to share your own projects –– we’d love to see them!
Happy crafting and happy planning!