Hello my crafty friends, it’s Raquel Mason here with Pop It Ups Wednesday! I saw this paper at my local store and thought it was the perfect paper to use with Karen’s Eiffel Tower Pop Stand. I also wanted to try adding banners from the tower like Shelly Hickox did a while ago. Let me show you how I made this card.
1. Cut patterned paper at 4.25 x 11 for base. Die cut using Eiffel Tower Pop Stand by placing the die centered on the score line.
2. Die cut the pieces shown in the photo below.
Paris Edges: floral pattern paper (2) at 4.25 x 2 scallop; 4.25 x 2.5 scored at .75 scallop; (5) flourishes. Yellow cardstock 4.25 x 2.75 die cut using Eiffel edge and embossed using scallop. To emboss the scallop die, use your embossing sandwich. Karen shows how to do it in this video, simply omit the inking portion.
Spiral Circle Pull Card: Gold cardstock (1) spiral flower, (3) small flowers from yellow, gold and floral cardstock.
Lots of Pops: (8) gold banners. (I die cut 10 but only used 8)
Eiffel Tower with Pop Stand: (2) yellow towers and decorative pieces
Tag Pivot Card: (1) medium-sized tag; (1) large and (2) small reinforcements (only 1 is shown)
3. Sponge all yellow pieces with brown ink if desired. Apply glitter dots to towers and small flowers using photos for placement.
4. Adhere tower to both sides of the Pop Stand.
5. Adhere floral Paris Edges scallop pieces from step 2 to card. When adhering the scored piece, do not apply glue near the score line as these areas will be visible from inside the card. Apply glitter dots using photos for placement. Adhere yellow Eiffel edge to bottom of card front.
6. Apply “Merci” Peel-Off Sticker to tag. Adhere reinforcement to tag and thread twine through hole. Adhere to inside of card.
7. Cut 15″ of twine. Punch a 1/8″ hole into top of tower and thread twine through the hole. Thread ends through reinforcement and attach at each corner. Cut twine to desired length needed and hide the excess under the reinforcement. Tip: open the card fully and keep the twine loose enough that it doesn’t force the card up but not too tight that the card doesn’t open fully. Apply peel off stickers to desired banners. Adhere folded banners to the twine.
8. To finish off the front of the card, adhere 5 flourishes to bottom left corner, forming a circle that will be topped with the dimensional flower you are now going to make. Use tweezers to hold the outside edge of the gold spiral circle from step 2 and roll it up upon itself to create a rolled flower. Use a glue dot to secure the flower so it doesn’t unroll. Adhere completed flower on top of the flourishes. Adhere small flowers to bottom left corner of card. Tip: I unrolled some of the gold from the twine to add under the spiral flower.
I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial and feel inspired to try it out yourself!
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
978 Eiffel Tower Pop Stand
979 Paris Edges
778 Lots of Pops
973 Tags Pivot Card
916 Spiral Circle Pull Card
7018 Glitter Dots
503 Merci Peel Off Stickers
Gold Baker’s Twine – Stampin’ Up!
pattern paper – Graphic 45 French Country
Colorbox Chestnut Roan Chalk Ink